Triton AX 720 5.1 PC issue

Hi folks, I've been having problems with this all day and am turning to you for help. I purchased a set of Triton AX 720 gaming headphones and easily set them up on my PS3 and 360. On pc, there was a quick installation when plugged in, the headphones were recognized, and I promptly switched my RealtekHD audio settings to 'Digital Output (Optical) as the default. I have no problems getting stereo through the headphones, and when I when I go to Manage Audio Devices > Digital Output (Optical) > Properties > Supported Formats I am able to test the Dolby Digital Option which is checked and the blue Dolby Digital on the AX 720's processor/box stays lit while the sample plays. However, no matter what game or type of media I play, the light never comes on again (indicating no Dolby Digital) and I get stereo sound only. For reference, I'm using:

Trition AX 7200
Windows 7 64-bit
RealtekHD Audio
ALC1200 sound card
2 answers Last reply
More about triton issue
  1. Glassjoe2k8 said:
    Hi folks, I've been having problems with this all day and am turning to you for help. I purchased a set of Triton AX 720 gaming headphones and easily set them up on my PS3 and 360. On pc, there was a quick installation when plugged in, the headphones were recognized, and I promptly switched my RealtekHD audio settings to 'Digital Output (Optical) as the default. I have no problems getting stereo through the headphones, and when I when I go to Manage Audio Devices > Digital Output (Optical) > Properties > Supported Formats I am able to test the Dolby Digital Option which is checked and the blue Dolby Digital on the AX 720's processor/box stays lit while the sample plays. However, no matter what game or type of media I play, the light never comes on again (indicating no Dolby Digital) and I get stereo sound only. For reference, I'm using:

Trition AX 7200
    Windows 7 64-bit
    RealtekHD Audio
    ALC1200 sound card

I'm having the same exact problem have you solved it?
  2. Same problem here :(
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Headphones Video Games