Cannot fax to LD number

Hal

I can fax to a local number (same Area Code), but when I
try to fax to a LD number I cannot connect. I can hear the
data line answer, but I get a "No Answer" status after a
short time. Anyone have any suggestions?

State your fax software, data source for fax numbers, format of your fax
numbers, and dialing rules.
You gave us no troubleshooting information.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Hal" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I can fax to a local number (same Area Code), but when I
> try to fax to a LD number I cannot connect. I can hear the
> data line answer, but I get a "No Answer" status after a
> short time. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for the response, but I already found the answer.
It was caused by a change a Tech (?) from my ISP had me
make. I questioned him when he told me to make the change,
but he insisted. Maybe someday they will get Service Techs
that know something about their jobs. Thanks again..

Curious, since faxing has nothing to do with the Internet or ISP's.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
> Thanks for the response, but I already found the answer.
> It was caused by a change a Tech (?) from my ISP had me
> make. I questioned him when he told me to make the change,
> but he insisted. Maybe someday they will get Service Techs
> that know something about their jobs. Thanks again..

Whatever you do, don't spoil it by telling us the answer.

> Thanks for the response, but I already found the answer.
> It was caused by a change a Tech (?) from my ISP had me
> make. I questioned him when he told me to make the change,
> but he insisted. Maybe someday they will get Service Techs
> that know something about their jobs. Thanks again..

Well, I think they still have dial-up Internet from what I hear, which uses
an analogue modem, same as fax does. Maybe they gave him some weird modem
tweak. I guess we'll never know.