Cold Boot BSOD's

NHsemperfi

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2010
Hi i recently built a new machine (specs on bottom) and everything runs great as long as the pc has been on, or if i restart/shut it down for a few minutes. My troubles come when i leave it off over night it will immediately come up with the bsob. But if i just restart it again after that error it will come up fine, and in proper working order. Any ideas what might be causing this?

machine specs

MB: asus sabertooth 55i
CPU:i 750
Ram: Gskill 4 gigs 2x2 pc3 1600 ddr3
videocar: gtx 460
hd: samsung spinpoint ` tb

sobank

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2004
check your ram. I had the same problem with a mismatched ocz ram in asus p5kc. The ram was fine but the motherboard was not too happy with the voltage.

double checking your power supply requirement wont hurt either.

NHsemperfi

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2010
i did the windows memtest on the ram and it didnt have any errors, and the power supply is a brand new antec tp550w so would think it was alright. Im stumped think im just going to start sending it back piece by piece.

sobank

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2004
I dont think this is a memory failure. Check that memory is in the qualified vendor list of asus. My ocz memory, though working, always gave me problems with asus p5kc. I changed the memory and everything vanished.

so check if the ram is in QVL document. you can download it from where you download the drivers for mobo. When you get the list of drivers, qvl document will be one of the downloads.

NHsemperfi

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2010
Yeah the memory is i in the list for sabertooth p55i, I just changed the timing and voltage to the manufactures specs on the website the voltage was low, so maybe that had something to do with it?

sobank

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2004

well I hope that did solve your problem. It is all good as you got off easily off the hook. I have my ram rotting in waste box cause even adjusting the voltage didnt help :)

Give it a good go. If everything is fixed then fine..........otherwise we all know how return works :)

NHsemperfi

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2010
Yeah im preying it works, would suck not having my comp for school work/video games for like 2 weeks beacause of an RMA. I left it off for around an hour and a half and it booted fine.