HP Deskjet 950C color priniting

I have the subject printer and have used it for many years (3). The color cartridge expired and I had not replaced it for some time choosing to only print in black. Recently I purchased the computer I have now with Windows XP. I had no problem continuing to print in only black. Last week I got a new color cartridge and planned to print some .jpg photos. Upon inserting the new cartridge the test page cam out with all colors normal but upon tring to print any color page I only get black and white. I have looked at different settings but can not determine a problem. Can anyone help? Thanks!
4 answers Last reply
More about deskjet 950c color priniting

    Run a few cleaning cycles and see if it helps.
    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "David B. Lane" <DavidBLane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have the subject printer and have used it for many years (3). The color
    >cartridge expired and I had not replaced it for some time choosing to only
    >print in black. Recently I purchased the computer I have now with Windows
    >XP. I had no problem continuing to print in only black. Last week I got a
    >new color cartridge and planned to print some .jpg photos. Upon inserting
    >the new cartridge the test page cam out with all colors normal but upon
    >tring to print any color page I only get black and white. I have looked at
    >different settings but can not determine a problem. Can anyone help?
    >Thanks!

    Color appears normal during cleaning cycles and if you remove and reinstall the cartridge the test page that prints appears normal. It has to be in the settings somewhere but I have been unable to deteremine where.

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Run a few cleaning cycles and see if it helps.
    > --
    > Cari
    > MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
    > www.coribright.com
    >
    > "David B. Lane" <DavidBLane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have the subject printer and have used it for many years (3). The color
    > >cartridge expired and I had not replaced it for some time choosing to only
    > >print in black. Recently I purchased the computer I have now with Windows
    > >XP. I had no problem continuing to print in only black. Last week I got a
    > >new color cartridge and planned to print some .jpg photos. Upon inserting
    > >the new cartridge the test page cam out with all colors normal but upon
    > >tring to print any color page I only get black and white. I have looked at
    > >different settings but can not determine a problem. Can anyone help?
    > >Thanks!

    It sounds like you have somehow set your printer driver to print in B&W.
    Right click your HP printer in Windows XP, choose properties, and look
    around for an option which allows you to print using both the black and
    color cartridges.

    David B. Lane wrote in message
    <2EAA5BBC-4208-49F6-B819-C2B14947214C@microsoft.com>...
    >I have the subject printer and have used it for many years (3). The color
    cartridge expired and I had not replaced it for some time choosing to only
    print in black. Recently I purchased the computer I have now with Windows
    XP. I had no problem continuing to print in only black. Last week I got a
    new color cartridge and planned to print some .jpg photos. Upon inserting
    the new cartridge the test page cam out with all colors normal but upon
    tring to print any color page I only get black and white. I have looked at
    different settings but can not determine a problem. Can anyone help?
    Thanks!

    Possibly the printer drivers are corrupted, try uninstalling and
    reinstalling the latest for XP and your printer.

    Phil

    > Color appears normal during cleaning cycles and if you remove and
    reinstall the cartridge the test page that prints appears normal. It has to
    be in the settings somewhere but I have been unable to deteremine where.

    > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    > > Run a few cleaning cycles and see if it helps.
    > > --
    > > Cari
    > > MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
    > > www.coribright.com
    > >
    > > "David B. Lane" <DavidBLane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > >I have the subject printer and have used it for many years (3). The
    color
    > > >cartridge expired and I had not replaced it for some time choosing to
    only
    > > >print in black. Recently I purchased the computer I have now with
    Windows
    > > >XP. I had no problem continuing to print in only black. Last week I
    got a
    > > >new color cartridge and planned to print some .jpg photos. Upon
    inserting
    > > >the new cartridge the test page cam out with all colors normal but upon
    > > >tring to print any color page I only get black and white. I have
    looked at
    > > >different settings but can not determine a problem. Can anyone help?
    > > >Thanks!

Hewlett Packard Deskjet Windows XP