HP Deskjet 950C color priniting

a b α HP
July 14, 2004 3:00:04 PM

I have the subject printer and have used it for many years (3). The color cartridge expired and I had not replaced it for some time choosing to only print in black. Recently I purchased the computer I have now with Windows XP. I had no problem continuing to print in only black. Last week I got a new color cartridge and planned to print some .jpg photos. Upon inserting the new cartridge the test page cam out with all colors normal but upon tring to print any color page I only get black and white. I have looked at different settings but can not determine a problem. Can anyone help? Thanks!
Anonymous
a b α HP
July 14, 2004 3:31:26 PM

Run a few cleaning cycles and see if it helps.
--
Cari
www.coribright.com

"David B. Lane" <DavidBLane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have the subject printer and have used it for many years (3). The color
>cartridge expired and I had not replaced it for some time choosing to only
>print in black. Recently I purchased the computer I have now with Windows
>XP. I had no problem continuing to print in only black. Last week I got a
>new color cartridge and planned to print some .jpg photos. Upon inserting
>the new cartridge the test page cam out with all colors normal but upon
>tring to print any color page I only get black and white. I have looked at
>different settings but can not determine a problem. Can anyone help?
>Thanks!
Anonymous
a b α HP
July 14, 2004 4:24:02 PM

Color appears normal during cleaning cycles and if you remove and reinstall the cartridge the test page that prints appears normal. It has to be in the settings somewhere but I have been unable to deteremine where.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Run a few cleaning cycles and see if it helps.
> --
> Cari
> MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
> www.coribright.com
>
> "David B. Lane" <DavidBLane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have the subject printer and have used it for many years (3). The color
> >cartridge expired and I had not replaced it for some time choosing to only
> >print in black. Recently I purchased the computer I have now with Windows
> >XP. I had no problem continuing to print in only black. Last week I got a
> >new color cartridge and planned to print some .jpg photos. Upon inserting
> >the new cartridge the test page cam out with all colors normal but upon
> >tring to print any color page I only get black and white. I have looked at
> >different settings but can not determine a problem. Can anyone help?
> >Thanks!

Related resources
July 15, 2004 1:20:13 AM

It sounds like you have somehow set your printer driver to print in B&W.
Right click your HP printer in Windows XP, choose properties, and look
around for an option which allows you to print using both the black and
color cartridges.

David B. Lane wrote in message
<2EAA5BBC-4208-49F6-B819-C2B14947214C@microsoft.com>...
>I have the subject printer and have used it for many years (3). The color
cartridge expired and I had not replaced it for some time choosing to only
print in black. Recently I purchased the computer I have now with Windows
XP. I had no problem continuing to print in only black. Last week I got a
new color cartridge and planned to print some .jpg photos. Upon inserting
the new cartridge the test page cam out with all colors normal but upon
tring to print any color page I only get black and white. I have looked at
different settings but can not determine a problem. Can anyone help?
Thanks!
Anonymous
a b α HP
July 16, 2004 11:59:17 PM

Possibly the printer drivers are corrupted, try uninstalling and
reinstalling the latest for XP and your printer.

Phil

!