is my core so bad?

G

I bought my athlon t-bird 200fsb from www.aberdeeninc.com and I can't o'clock it even to 900Mhz with FOP38!!! and thermal paste. I even changed voltage to 1.75!!! do I have a bad quality core on my T-bird?

G

What was it originally, before you overclocked it?

----------
I am, you know I am. I am Canadian.

G

it was 800Mhz now it is 800Mhz and it will be 800Mhz if nobody will tell what is th problem? I have pc150 - so it is not the problem!

G

try changing the multiplier to 9.

----------

G

duh! what di u think I did? I can't change fsb at all - so the only way is too change the multiplier - can't go pass 8.5.....

G

try putting the voltage up 1 more notch (to 1.8v).

----------

G

why not bad core? whhat is the problem then? FOP38 with Arctic Silver2 and can't even o'clok to 900Mhz - LOL, but why.....i TRIED MAXIMUM VOLTAGE SETTINGS

G

well soooooooorry, you said you put it at 1.75.

----------

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
did you ever consider that being polite to people who are trying to help you might yield better results?

What mobo are you using? There is a good chance your mobo won't support anything over 112FSB if it is a KT133 chipset.

You'll have to unlock your multiplier and raise it if you want to get faster cpu speeds if that's the case.

-* This Space For Rent *-
email for application details

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
DUH??? DUH??? well thats not a very nice way to reply to someone trying to help you now is it?
Well my answer is this: its an 800 so run it at 800 until you learn how to appreciate peoples help, coz I for one wont be offering you any advice until you do.

Next time you wave - use all your fingers<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by CALV on 06/25/01 09:45 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

killall

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
gasoline + fire = a lot of fun... look at me for example for me fire + gasoline = 30% of my body burnt in the most harsh way possible... which meant 2 months on a permanent morphine drip... which could be considered fun by drug addicts... free morphine... mmm... no... gasoline and fire mix quite nicely as long as youre careful... no point in answering manarchs question... might as well chat about peoples signatures...

you do not strengthen the weak by weakening the strong

G

I said DUH only once and if it hurts your feelings then please except my apologies... I run ASUS A7V KT133 and can't go over 101Mhz(fsb) using BIOS and switches. I have 2 CPU's, one is 1.3Ghz Athlon and another is 800Mhz Athlon, you ask why am I asking all this if I run 1.3Ghz? cuz I in my life I never o'clocked higher than 50mhz and I use my 800Mhz Athlon to o'clock - if it dies I still have 1.3ghz! I remember before the fsb went over 115Mhz but now (wonder why...) doesn't boot when I set from 100Mhz to 101Mhz...

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
your computer doesn't like you.
My dad has the same problem, his computer doesn't like him either. I hear he has all these problems, and I can never duplicate them, they just don't happen EVER when I use his computer, but happen all the time when he uses it.
So either your computer doesn't like your or the computer knomes don't either........
:-D

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Try 1.8V or 1.85V if neccessary. My TB 850 can only overclock at 1000MHz if I put its Vcore at 1.85V on A7V.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.