RPC server error when installing printer

alex

Hi,

All of a sudden my printer had vanished and when i clicked
on the printers tab in control panel it showed no printer.
Clicked on add new printer and it said "cant complete
operation"

I unistalled the drivers and software. On re-installing
them it said an error had occurred " RPC server missing "
your printer may not work correctly.

I am really stuck on this one! any help is much
appreciated.
Thanks, Alex

The printer hasn't disappeared, the Print Spooler just stopped.

From the Command Prompt, type:

net start spooler

(and hit enter)

However it sounds like an all in one unit... now you'll have to follow Bruce
Sanderson's instructions at:

Pay particular attention to 14 - 16
www.coribright.com