Sign in with
Your question
Solved

DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY GOOD GAMES I COULD PLAY WITH MY CRAPPY COMPUTER?

Last response: in Video Games
May 27, 2012 11:43:52 PM

Specs :

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+

Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6670 GDDR5

OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

Ram: 4gb

I went to system requirements lab and it said I met the minimum requirements for GTA, but I highly doubt that so I'm not going to bother myself with getting it to see, to only be disappointed.

If you know any good pc games that would work good with my comp please let me know thanks :bounce: 
May 27, 2012 11:58:38 PM

Hi :) 

Half Life 1 & 2...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l

Best solution

May 27, 2012 11:58:47 PM

denverb195 said:
Specs :

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+

Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6670 GDDR5

OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

Ram: 4gb

I went to system requirements lab and it said I met the minimum requirements for GTA, but I highly doubt that so I'm not going to bother myself with getting it to see, to only be disappointed.

If you know any good pc games that would work good with my comp please let me know thanks :bounce: 

Alright, your system is a bit crappy but not that crappy. I would say it will play most modern games on low. This will allow you the majority of the experience so should not be despised.

With your GPU, you should be ok on low, but if your system struggles this is a sign of CPU bottlenecking. Remember that by changing the graphics settings, you are only changing the stress on the GPU, not the CPU. The CPU has the same amount of work to do regardless of whether you are running on high or low, so if you are suffering poor performance on undemanding settings, the CPU is likely at fault.

I am not an expert on AMD sockets or CPUs but believe you should be able to get a Phenom II quad as a cheap and easy replacement, which will alleviate any CPU bottleneck problem.
Related resources
a b À AMD
May 28, 2012 12:25:52 AM

you can play most any game you like with that system. it may not be high end but it will play most games...
game that wll struggle on it are gta 4 +dlc, witcher 2,bf3, maxpain 3,bfbc2 any arma 2 engine based games... and thats about it.

good games to play, stalker series althout it may struggle with COP, halflife 1,2+ep1+ep2, fear 1 and 2, bioshock, cod 4, dawn of war series and many more...
if your motherboard is am2+ then when you can get a phenom 2 amybe a new psu and then a midrange gfx card...
happy gaming...

m
l
May 28, 2012 12:29:58 AM

Best answer selected by denverb195.
m
l
May 28, 2012 12:31:15 AM

bwrlane said:
Alright, your system is a bit crappy but not that crappy. I would say it will play most modern games on low. This will allow you the majority of the experience so should not be despised.

With your GPU, you should be ok on low, but if your system struggles this is a sign of CPU bottlenecking. Remember that by changing the graphics settings, you are only changing the stress on the GPU, not the CPU. The CPU has the same amount of work to do regardless of whether you are running on high or low, so if you are suffering poor performance on undemanding settings, the CPU is likely at fault.

I am not an expert on AMD sockets or CPUs but believe you should be able to get a Phenom II quad as a cheap and easy replacement, which will alleviate any CPU bottleneck problem.

Thanks, gonna order it tomorrow , also if you have a link to one that's reasonably cheap it'd be appreciated. If not its okay, I'm still going to get it.
m
l
May 28, 2012 12:31:20 AM

accidental double post
m
l
May 28, 2012 12:41:28 AM

i can play bf3 at 720p with a althon ii x4 645 and a 6670 gddr3, and most other games at 1080p like skyrim with medium graphics. not sure how much the 2 extra cores make but you do have a better graphics card then me.
m
l
!