[eq2] spawning the three named for Chamber of Imortality a..

some guildmates and I were working on our access quest for chamber of
immortallity other night and a group ran in just as we killed the named,
Thimzem Ci'Re, and started cussing us saying they had spawned him. How do
you spawn the three nameds for that quest? Or were they just full of
bullshit?

Fleebag

"Fleebag of Toxx" <ospam@adelphia.net> wrote in message

> some guildmates and I were working on our access quest for chamber of
> immortallity other night and a group ran in just as we killed the named,
> Thimzem Ci'Re, and started cussing us saying they had spawned him. How do
> you spawn the three nameds for that quest? Or were they just full of
> bullshit?

Each of these three named are on the same kind of progressive placeholder
cycle. You come into the workshops and there are regular skeleton mobs
without any suffix. Kill them and the tomes they guard and then wait.
Fifteen minutes later a second spawn of mobs appears and there's a 50%
chance that they will bear the suffix "replacement". Kill them and the tomes
they guard. Fifteen minutes later another wave appears and if the last were
"replacement", then there's a 50% chance that another wave bearing the
suffix "enraged" will spawn. Kill them and their tomes. Fifteen minutes
later another wave will spawn and if the last were "enraged" then there's a
50% chance that along with that wave of enraged, the named will spawn inside
the curtained room as a separate encounter. It's critical that you NOT be
inside the curtained room during this camp, you must remain in the workshop
clearing the waves until your named pops in the curtained room. Then run in
and kill him. Repeat and rinse for all three rooms to kill Thimzem, Et'sipe
and Erbmys. You must get to the enraged cycle to pop the named, and because
it's still only a 50% chance of advancing each time, the camp can take any
amount of time, depending on what pops. I've walked into rooms with enraged
up and bingo, one cycle to go. And I've sat for hours clearing intermediate
cycles ...

What probably happened in your case that was that they were on the Ci'Re
cycle, and were fighting the enraged wave and you guys ran into the
curtained room and killed Ci'Re, who had popped with that wave of enraged.
Yep, they had a right to be pissed if they'd been there camping the cycle
and you walked in and took Ci'Re.

--
Redbeard, the Lore Seeker
<Veritas>

Descendant of the Elder Winterfury Thunderwolf
<Resolution, Retired>
Barbarian Prophet of The Tribunal
Retired Citizen of Firiona Vie