Wwher is the "windows/ options/cabs "folder on windows 98s..

Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
October 28, 2004 8:07:13 AM

I just recently installed windows 98se on my compaq armada 7790 DM and when
i was trying to install some software, the was no "windows/options/cabs"
folder for the drivers to be copied into.I also had to reinstall the DIAGS
partition. Are there any solutions?..thanks, Mark in kansas city

--
CHIEFS KICK DOWN THE DOOR IN 2004
Anonymous

Perhaps this is obvious, but create the directories?

That's not really where drivers go anyway. That's the OS SOURCE directory
for an install.

Tom
"markymark" <markymark7560@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>I just recently installed windows 98se on my compaq armada 7790 DM and when
> i was trying to install some software, the was no "windows/options/cabs"
> folder for the drivers to be copied into.I also had to reinstall the
> DIAGS
> partition. Are there any solutions?..thanks, Mark in kansas city
>

> --
> CHIEFS KICK DOWN THE DOOR IN 2004

October 29, 2004 7:55:11 AM

So, where would you put them?....Mark
> Perhaps this is obvious, but create the directories?
>
> That's not really where drivers go anyway. That's the OS SOURCE directory
> for an install.
>
> Tom
> "markymark" <markymark7560@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> >I just recently installed windows 98se on my compaq armada 7790 DM and
when
> > i was trying to install some software, the was no "windows/options/cabs"
> > folder for the drivers to be copied into.I also had to reinstall the
> > DIAGS
> > partition. Are there any solutions?..thanks, Mark in kansas city
> >

> > --
> > CHIEFS KICK DOWN THE DOOR IN 2004

Anonymous
October 29, 2004 10:18:04 AM

If you're just copying them to the hard drive to do the install, put them
wherever you want. Windows will install them where IT wants.

Tmo

!