Speed dial to retrieve voicemail?

Mike

Splendid

Hello - does anyone know how to program my (LG) VX 4500 to retrieve my
voicemail through speed dial -- without having to dial *86, then #, then
punch in my password? I've heard you can set this up through speed dial, but
can't find any info on how to do this.

Thanks!

Mike

In news:BE3E0332.1173%mjdunlap@earthlink.net,
Mike <mjdunlap@earthlink.net> typed:
> Hello - does anyone know how to program my (LG) VX 4500 to retrieve
> my voicemail through speed dial -- without having to dial *86, then
> #, then punch in my password? I've heard you can set this up through
> speed dial, but can't find any info on how to do this.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mike

I setup a speed dial with my cell number, followed by 2 Ts (for pause), then
my access code, followed by a #.
1112223333TT4444#
When you get a voice mail notification press NO, then press the speed dial
you set up and you go right into your voicemail.

> I setup a speed dial with my cell number, followed by 2 Ts (for pause),
> then my access code, followed by a #.
> 1112223333TT4444#

I'm trying to set the same thing up on my nokia 3589i and I can't get a "T"
for pause. No matter what I do all I can get is the number 8 after I enter
my phone number. eg 123-456-7890"88"1234# I'm trying to put "T" where the
number 8 is. Am I doing something wrong here or does the Nokia not support
this?

Bob

In news:VkcSd.7134$ze6.403@fe12.lga,
Bob A <rfa5@optonline.net> typed:
>> I setup a speed dial with my cell number, followed by 2 Ts (for
>> pause), then my access code, followed by a #.
>> 1112223333TT4444#
>

> I'm trying to set the same thing up on my nokia 3589i and I can't get
> a "T" for pause. No matter what I do all I can get is the number 8
> after I enter my phone number. eg 123-456-7890"88"1234# I'm trying
> to put "T" where the number 8 is. Am I doing something wrong here or
> does the Nokia not support this?
>
> Bob

On my LG VX4400 when entering a phone number, the right soft key will enter
a 2 sec pause (T) or a hard pause (P).

I've tried this and can get it programmed as a speed dial easily
enough, but the pause length never seems to be just right. Depending
on where I am, I can get a pretty lengthy wait after dialing a number,
before it actually connects. Even three or four pauses doesn't always
works.

I hate this Verizon 'feature' more than any other -- that they force
me to key in a password when checking messages from the phone. It
should be an on/off toggle option.

Hera

"Try1" <Anonymous-Remailer@See.Comment.Header> wrote in message
> In article <VkcSd.7134$ze6.403@fe12.lga>
> "Bob A" <rfa5@optonline.net> wrote:
>
> My old Nokia 5185a, which I use because the new phones don't give me the
> same coverage, has a button (1) already set to dial your number. All I do
> is hit the one button and it automatically dials my voicemail. The number
> is set within the phone setup features. Am I missing something here?

Yes I can get it to dial my own number, but I'm trying to insert 2 pauses
and then my password so it will dial and insert the voicemail password all
in one shot without any further input from me. I got it working on my LG
VX4500 but can't get pauses on my Nokia.
Bob

Bob A wrote:
>> I setup a speed dial with my cell number, followed by 2 Ts (for
>> pause), then my access code, followed by a #.
>> 1112223333TT4444#
>

> I'm trying to set the same thing up on my nokia 3589i and I can't get
> a "T" for pause. No matter what I do all I can get is the number 8
> after I enter my phone number. eg 123-456-7890"88"1234# I'm trying
> to put "T" where the number 8 is. Am I doing something wrong here or
> does the Nokia not support this?
>
> Bob

Nokia uses "p" for 2-second pause. *86pp#1234#