Tomb Raider (2013)

Anik8

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
This is my most anticipated game for 2013 Q1.

[flash=640,360]http://www.youtube.com/v/Gd4AF7Un5Bs?version=3&feature=player_detailpage[/flash]

The gameplay seems awesome,but whats your take about the graphics and hardware requirements.So far, I think the crystal engine is really nice and along with the beauty of the game their desire to add HD surround audio and an open world environment tells me I must check this one out.
Also is this game being developed for PC and to be scaled down to consoles like BF3?Or is it the other way around?

no its not the most anticipated game... at least not for me... there are plenty of games like planet side 2 and so on that im looking forward to over another tombraider that will likely be nothing like the original 3 on the ps1... anyway its only may and theres still over 6 months of this year to go yet with lots of new stuff coming very soon...
so calm down and thing about whats aout over the next few weeks.... MAX PAYNE!!! is back and may well be a future classic...

namelessonez

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009

"Future classic"....so you're into oxymorons?? :D

Totally, one of the most anticipated titles of '12. Max is as it is one of the favorite bad-a** protagonists out there....AND he's sporting a new look this time!

Anik8

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010

I thought I mentioned that its 'my most anticipated title' and that too for 2013 which I also mentioned.Its partly because I'm upgrading my rig from scratch this fall.
Anyway Max Payne also seems a lot bada** to me,I will definitely be playing it but I'm not too impressed with the color and animation.The texture also seems like it could have been done better and overall graphics is on the average side.

please enlighten lol... is halflife 2 and deus ex not classics... b4 they were released they had the props to be classics, ie a future classic, a classic in waiting, blah blah... so yeah if thats an oxymoron il take it...

namelessonez

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009

Just sounded like one is all mate! :D
Personally, while MP3 does have the markings of a future classic, there have been titles in the past with such hype/ markings but which failed to deliver upon launch. So, as far as I go, I will only judge once I've given it a shot. :)

i have max payne 1 and 2 they were very story driven. this 1 although will have one, moves away from the original and tells its story much like metro... jason over at first game plus (level 3) who h8ted rockstar with a passion give it his first ever 10/10 even though he said repeatedly that no game deserves it... he gave the xbox version a 9/10 for gfx 9/10 for sound and 9/10 for gameplay and then said its more than the sum of its parts, so proceeded to give it a 10.

now if a die hard rockstar h8ter can give it 10 out of 10 im certainly gonna give it a go.

swindlehurst

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2010
I reckon its gonna be Uncharted with a bird short and more action set piece
average at best
Max Payne 3 I have been waiting for this shoukld have it on the 2nd but I am very optimistic this looks like it has Uncharted quailtyies as well slow paced scene taking in the enviorment
I wanna be diving out of the *** house with a massive shotgun blowing 3 heads of before hitting the deck landing pulling out duel uzis and pumping 60 rounds into 1 guys face

GameAdvancePlay

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012
It does look really good and I remember way back when tomb raider first came out. I just hope the game isn't as glitchy as the other games are.

Anik8

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
A new compilation trailer showing sharper graphics - enjoy!

[flash=640,360]http://www.youtube.com/v/ol_-QGlwRqc?version=3&feature=player_detailpage[/flash]

Anik8

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
I think they're switching to alternate puzzles like using fire with the environment and blasting the way through instead of ancient relic based puzzles.