MOU and 1x network question

OK all of the talk of the new AC plans and that they will eliminate the 1x
feature where all it costs are the minutes of use.

I had a fanmily share AC plan but as of Feb 14th upgraded my account to
another new family share where I get 200 extra minutes and a little less
monthly fee. I asked if all features ar ethe same as my previous account
and was told yes.

So my question is I should still be locked in and getting the 1x service,
or the service where I connect my phone to my laptop and surf the net for
only minutes used right? So my unlimited nights and weekends mean I could
surf the net for as long as I wanted to on the weekends and not pay
anything. So I assume that this has not changed, am I right?

I currently have the $79 AC plan with 1000 shared minutes and 3 additional
lines at $10 each.

thanks for all help
20 answers Last reply
More about network question

    I've been using MOU Data for years literally. First circuit-switched and
    then 1x when the AC plans came out with that option enabled. I took the
    promo in mid December for 100 extra bonus minutes and like you verified that
    my plan would not change.

    I have since received two bills with zero charges for data use. They all
    show as included.

    You should be able to dial #DATA and then hit send and listen, or receive a
    text message. For me, on MOU, this always yields text message usage
    information, and not per kilobyte data information. Folks getting billed
    for data, receive two text messages. One that details SMS text messages
    used, and one that details per kilobyte usage. I have never seen this, and I
    don't get billed for data save minutes. These features are tied to your
    plan.

    If you have MOU today and don't want to lose it:
    1) Don't make plan changes at this point.
    2) Don't do any ESN swaps either online or through a rep if you have a PDA
    phone.

    Of course, even then there's no guarentees, but thus far the only folks I
    hear about having trouble keeping what they have are doing,. or have done #1
    or #2 above.

    In any event, relax, use your data the way you always have. If a change
    occurs between billing cycles it is typical to get charges reversed once
    based on prior precedent. I mean if you have years of bills showing data
    included, and suddenly get charged, they should reverse the charges exactly
    once. At that point you have the choice to buy a data plan or quit using
    data. Again no guarentees in anything, but just this how I think it would
    work.

    By the way to all of you out there calling MOU abuse, I say BS! I have a
    letter in writing from my Verizon rep indicating that minutes can be used
    for voice or data. Verizon is changing their policy, and I understand why
    they are doing it, but none-the-less it is a change. I have a more detailed
    background of this online here:
    http://cell.uoregon.edu/verizon/data/free.html

    If it was an oversight on Verizon's part, why leave it go for years? The
    idea is to intentionally let people use the data, get used to it, like it
    enough to pay for it later once required to do so. Verizon isn't the first
    carrier to do this. I also believe its entirely possible that some of us
    MOU users will be grandfathered in provided we don't make changes. Time
    will tell.

    -Dan

    --

    =======================
    Oregon and the Pacific Northwest

    --

    Jason wrote:
    > OK all of the talk of the new AC plans and that they will eliminate
    > the 1x feature where all it costs are the minutes of use.
    >
    > I had a fanmily share AC plan but as of Feb 14th upgraded my account
    > to another new family share where I get 200 extra minutes and a
    > little less monthly fee. I asked if all features ar ethe same as my
    > previous account and was told yes.
    >
    > So my question is I should still be locked in and getting the 1x
    > service, or the service where I connect my phone to my laptop and
    > surf the net for only minutes used right? So my unlimited nights and
    > weekends mean I could surf the net for as long as I wanted to on the
    > weekends and not pay anything. So I assume that this has not
    > changed, am I right?
    > I currently have the $79 AC plan with 1000 shared minutes and 3
    > additional lines at $10 each.

    It probably didn't change. You can check online under
    statements -> service profile -> enhanced services to see
    if it's still there. Otherwise there will be a section below that
    for data plan.

    When I changed plans it flagged the ESN for my 7135 as a
    PDA phone which required a data plan. My wife's VX4400
    was OK and the MOU option stayed there.

    -Quick

    Did they know you were using mobile office features on the 1x network? When
    I read the ToS that was posted online some time in mid to late January it
    expressly prohibited 1x access using Mobile Office and said Mobile office
    and MOU was limited to the QNC network.

    I have a feeling these new plans that take effect tomorrow are going to be
    used to force the TOS and eliminate MOU abuse during free nights and
    weekends, especially since someone said no-roaming applies to plans signed
    for within the last few weeks. It also fits with what a CSR told me in
    mid-Jan - that MOU never applied to 1x and that they were going to begin
    enforcing it.

    I'd like it better if they allowed minutes of use for a set number minutes
    per month (or limited # of megs per month) for those who don't use it much
    and make those who use it a lot get a data plan or pay by the meg for
    overages.... but that's probably too simple. :)

    "Jason" <none@none.com> wrote in message
    > OK all of the talk of the new AC plans and that they will eliminate the 1x
    > feature where all it costs are the minutes of use.
    >
    > I had a fanmily share AC plan but as of Feb 14th upgraded my account to
    > another new family share where I get 200 extra minutes and a little less
    > monthly fee. I asked if all features ar ethe same as my previous account
    > and was told yes.
    >
    > So my question is I should still be locked in and getting the 1x service,
    > or the service where I connect my phone to my laptop and surf the net for
    > only minutes used right? So my unlimited nights and weekends mean I could
    > surf the net for as long as I wanted to on the weekends and not pay
    > anything. So I assume that this has not changed, am I right?
    >
    > I currently have the $79 AC plan with 1000 shared minutes and 3 additional
    > lines at $10 each.
    >
    > thanks for all help

    > Did they know you were using mobile office features on the 1x network? When
    > I read the ToS that was posted online some time in mid to late January it
    > expressly prohibited 1x access using Mobile Office and said Mobile office
    > and MOU was limited to the QNC network.
    >
    > I have a feeling these new plans that take effect tomorrow are going to be
    > used to force the TOS and eliminate MOU abuse during free nights and
    > weekends, especially since someone said no-roaming applies to plans signed
    > for within the last few weeks. It also fits with what a CSR told me in
    > mid-Jan - that MOU never applied to 1x and that they were going to begin
    > enforcing it.
    >
    > I'd like it better if they allowed minutes of use for a set number minutes
    > per month (or limited # of megs per month) for those who don't use it much
    > and make those who use it a lot get a data plan or pay by the meg for
    > overages.... but that's probably too simple. :)

    Wouldn't it be more profitable to make EVERYONE pay who wants to use data?

    > Wouldn't it be more profitable to make EVERYONE pay who wants to use data?

    Maybe, maybe not. The question is if they'll break even by alienating
    the small time data users who don't purchase a data plan. Personally,
    they've convinced me not to become a customer:

    - I'm a small time data users (less than once a month, usually less
    than 2mb/use). I currently have an old Sprint phone and cable (got it
    about a month before they discontinued). My original plan allowed for
    data, then they changed me (without asking) to a "better" plan that
    didn't allow data. I still use it when I need it and don't get charged.

    - I *was* considering getting a pair of phones & plans on Verizon. One
    plan would need data (laptop) access as described above. According to
    what I'm seeing here in the NG and on the VZW site, I'd be breaking my
    contract and they might call me on it.

    - As near as I can tell, the cheapest data plan offered in my area is
    $39.99/month, and these minutes can NOT be used for voice. It is
    definitely not worth it to me to get a data plan at this price.

    Sooo, I'll stick with Sprint for the time being, old phone & all.

    John

    The CSR I spoke to last month said QNC use is free and would remain free. It
    goes against what the techie told me when I had problems getting a new phone
    working on the network not long after 1X was added to all accounts - that
    QNC was going away and we were to use 1X when in a 1X area. The CSR went on
    to tell me that they were going to begin canceling accounts of people who
    used 1x without a data plan and they would charge them ETF. The prohibition
    against 1x use without a 1x plan is in their TOS that was effective when the
    Jan 15 plans went into effect (that many of us switched to), so they do have
    a leg to stand on it court. I suspect the first bill with data charges will
    be the warning and they may not remove the charges - giving you the choice
    of paying it or the ETF. (The TOS mentions Mobile Office uses QNC.)

    This is my opinion and only time will tell how they really handle it...

    Would most of us pay $20 a month at Cingular or Tmobile for data? Would we
    pay $20 a month to Verizon for 1x on a voice plan?

    "Dan Albrich" <dalbrich@uoregon.edui> wrote in message
> [...]
    >
    > --
    >
    > "Jason" <none@none.com> wrote in message
    >> OK all of the talk of the new AC plans and that they will eliminate the
    >> 1x feature where all it costs are the minutes of use.
    >>
    >> I had a fanmily share AC plan but as of Feb 14th upgraded my account to
    >> another new family share where I get 200 extra minutes and a little less
    >> monthly fee. I asked if all features ar ethe same as my previous account
    >> and was told yes.
    >>
    >> So my question is I should still be locked in and getting the 1x service,
    >> or the service where I connect my phone to my laptop and surf the net for
    >> only minutes used right? So my unlimited nights and weekends mean I
    >> could surf the net for as long as I wanted to on the weekends and not pay
    >> anything. So I assume that this has not changed, am I right?
    >>
    >> I currently have the $79 AC plan with 1000 shared minutes and 3

    Not necessarily... if someone only uses it occasionally, it can be a selling
    point for verizon and mobile office, especially if they use mobile office
    during peak times.

    BTW - are calls to an ISP or just 1x affected? I assume just 1x access...
    QNC might be faster and more reliable than dialing in though.

    (I wonder if they'll crack down on mobile web? The CSR mentioned the hacks
    to get free wap, but didn't say if they were going to prohibit it too.)

    "Tropical Haven" <user@example.net> wrote in message

    > Wouldn't it be more profitable to make EVERYONE pay who wants to use data?

    Not that you bring up the subject of Mobile Web, does anyone know how Mobile
    Web customers will be affected? I currently use a Motorola V60s for both
    Mobile Web and tehthered access -- both make use of the 1X capabilities.
    Billing wise, I do not see a difference between a Mobile Web (WAP) session
    and a tethered Internet access session. This may be another remaining
    loophole...

    "cricket" <cricket23@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
    > Not necessarily... if someone only uses it occasionally, it can be a
    selling
    > point for verizon and mobile office, especially if they use mobile office
    > during peak times.
    >
    > BTW - are calls to an ISP or just 1x affected? I assume just 1x access...
    > QNC might be faster and more reliable than dialing in though.
    >
    > (I wonder if they'll crack down on mobile web? The CSR mentioned the hacks
    > to get free wap, but didn't say if they were going to prohibit it too.)
    >

    > "Tropical Haven" <user@example.net> wrote in message
    >
    > > Wouldn't it be more profitable to make EVERYONE pay who wants to use
    data?

    Good point... and it might prove to be well worth the $5 I pay for it
    compared to the free & mobileweb4u services.

    "tgw" </dev/null@spam.com> wrote in message
    > Not that you bring up the subject of Mobile Web, does anyone know how
    > Mobile
    > Web customers will be affected? I currently use a Motorola V60s for both
    > Mobile Web and tehthered access -- both make use of the 1X capabilities.
    > Billing wise, I do not see a difference between a Mobile Web (WAP) session
    > and a tethered Internet access session. This may be another remaining
    > loophole...
    >
    > "cricket" <cricket23@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
    >> Not necessarily... if someone only uses it occasionally, it can be a
    > selling
    >> point for verizon and mobile office, especially if they use mobile office
    >> during peak times.
    >>
    >> BTW - are calls to an ISP or just 1x affected? I assume just 1x access...
    >> QNC might be faster and more reliable than dialing in though.
    >>
    >> (I wonder if they'll crack down on mobile web? The CSR mentioned the
    >> hacks
    >> to get free wap, but didn't say if they were going to prohibit it too.)
    >>

    >> "Tropical Haven" <user@example.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> > Wouldn't it be more profitable to make EVERYONE pay who wants to use
    > data?

    Several months ago, I switched ago to the $7.99 Mobile Web plus 500 text
    messages option (aka Non-Camera Phone Value Pack) -- you can also opt for a
    750 or 1500 text message version for $9.99 or $14.99, respectively.

    > Good point... and it might prove to be well worth the $5 I pay for it
    > compared to the free & mobileweb4u services.
    >

    > "tgw" </dev/null@spam.com> wrote in message
    > > Not that you bring up the subject of Mobile Web, does anyone know how
    > > Mobile
    > > Web customers will be affected? I currently use a Motorola V60s for
    both
    > > Mobile Web and tehthered access -- both make use of the 1X capabilities.
    > > Billing wise, I do not see a difference between a Mobile Web (WAP)
    session
    > > and a tethered Internet access session. This may be another remaining
    > > loophole...
    > >
    > > "cricket" <cricket23@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
    > >> Not necessarily... if someone only uses it occasionally, it can be a
    > > selling
    > >> point for verizon and mobile office, especially if they use mobile
    office
    > >> during peak times.
    > >>
    > >> BTW - are calls to an ISP or just 1x affected? I assume just 1x
    access...
    > >> QNC might be faster and more reliable than dialing in though.
    > >>
    > >> (I wonder if they'll crack down on mobile web? The CSR mentioned the
    > >> hacks
    > >> to get free wap, but didn't say if they were going to prohibit it too.)
    > >>

    > >> "Tropical Haven" <user@example.net> wrote in message

    > > data?

    Mobile Web (WAP) services are billed on a per minute basis, even for those
    of us with data plans. The difference to Verizon is that MobileWeb works
    just fine with 14.4 access and does not utilize the utilize the 1X or EVDO
    networks. It is possible to use Mobile Web services in analog only areas.
    The difference to customers is, of course, what you can and cannot access
    via your WAP browser.

    Chuck

    "tgw" </dev/null@spam.com> wrote in message
    > Not that you bring up the subject of Mobile Web, does anyone know how
    > Mobile
    > Web customers will be affected? I currently use a Motorola V60s for both
    > Mobile Web and tehthered access -- both make use of the 1X capabilities.
    > Billing wise, I do not see a difference between a Mobile Web (WAP) session
    > and a tethered Internet access session. This may be another remaining
    > loophole...
    >
    > "cricket" <cricket23@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
    >> Not necessarily... if someone only uses it occasionally, it can be a
    > selling
    >> point for verizon and mobile office, especially if they use mobile office
    >> during peak times.
    >>
    >> BTW - are calls to an ISP or just 1x affected? I assume just 1x access...
    >> QNC might be faster and more reliable than dialing in though.
    >>
    >> (I wonder if they'll crack down on mobile web? The CSR mentioned the
    >> hacks
    >> to get free wap, but didn't say if they were going to prohibit it too.)
    >>

    >> "Tropical Haven" <user@example.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> > Wouldn't it be more profitable to make EVERYONE pay who wants to use
    > data?

    Mobile Web DOES use 1X on a 1X-capable phone. The user ID my WAP settings
    is configured to use the 1X-type user ID -- i.e.,
    10-digit-VZW-number@vzw3g.com. Also, the 1X data icon shows on the phone
    whenever I use Mobile Web. Also, WAP 2.0 is being advertised as a part of
    the VCAST service, so I would hope that VZW used EVDO for WAP under that
    plan

    "Charles Thistlethwaite" <incubusnospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Mobile Web (WAP) services are billed on a per minute basis, even for those
    > of us with data plans. The difference to Verizon is that MobileWeb works
    > just fine with 14.4 access and does not utilize the utilize the 1X or EVDO
    > networks. It is possible to use Mobile Web services in analog only areas.
    > The difference to customers is, of course, what you can and cannot access
    > via your WAP browser.
    >
    > Chuck
    >
    > "tgw" </dev/null@spam.com> wrote in message
    > > Not that you bring up the subject of Mobile Web, does anyone know how
    > > Mobile
    > > Web customers will be affected? I currently use a Motorola V60s for
    both
    > > Mobile Web and tehthered access -- both make use of the 1X capabilities.
    > > Billing wise, I do not see a difference between a Mobile Web (WAP)
    session
    > > and a tethered Internet access session. This may be another remaining
    > > loophole...
    > >
    > > "cricket" <cricket23@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
    > >> Not necessarily... if someone only uses it occasionally, it can be a
    > > selling
    > >> point for verizon and mobile office, especially if they use mobile
    office
    > >> during peak times.
    > >>
    > >> BTW - are calls to an ISP or just 1x affected? I assume just 1x
    access...
    > >> QNC might be faster and more reliable than dialing in though.
    > >>
    > >> (I wonder if they'll crack down on mobile web? The CSR mentioned the
    > >> hacks
    > >> to get free wap, but didn't say if they were going to prohibit it too.)
    > >>

    > >> "Tropical Haven" <user@example.net> wrote in message

    > > data?

    the question was more like "can they tell if the data calls are for mobile
    web or using it as a modem?' - but now that I think about it, don't modem
    calls list #777 as the number in detail billing?

    Does mobile web v2 use the 1x network or qnc? It's my understanding that it
    (and GIN) use 1x when available.

    "Charles Thistlethwaite" <incubusnospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Mobile Web (WAP) services are billed on a per minute basis, even for those
    > of us with data plans. The difference to Verizon is that MobileWeb works
    > just fine with 14.4 access and does not utilize the utilize the 1X or EVDO
    > networks. It is possible to use Mobile Web services in analog only areas.
    > The difference to customers is, of course, what you can and cannot access
    > via your WAP browser.

    Actually, Mobile Web v1 uses 1X if the phone is capable. Both Mobile Web
    and 1X data calls appear identically on my bill as follows (Mobile Web call
    followed by 1X data call):

    187 12/30 09:22P O 4 New York/B NY (777)000-0001 Data UW Included .00
    ..00

    290 02/06 10:24A O 14 Chicago /B IL (777)000-0001 Data UW Included .00
    ..00

    Notice the phone number (777)000-0001 -- the "1" indicates 1X. If the call
    had been a QNC connection for Mobile Web or a tethered data connection, the
    number would be (777)000-0000:

    203 12/31 10:47P O 1 Home Area (777)000-0000 Data CL UW Included .00 .00

    > the question was more like "can they tell if the data calls are for mobile
    > web or using it as a modem?' - but now that I think about it, don't modem
    > calls list #777 as the number in detail billing?
    >
    > Does mobile web v2 use the 1x network or qnc? It's my understanding that
    it
    > (and GIN) use 1x when available.
    >

    > "Charles Thistlethwaite" <incubusnospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Mobile Web (WAP) services are billed on a per minute basis, even for
    those
    > > of us with data plans. The difference to Verizon is that MobileWeb
    works
    > > just fine with 14.4 access and does not utilize the utilize the 1X or
    EVDO
    > > networks. It is possible to use Mobile Web services in analog only
    areas.
    > > The difference to customers is, of course, what you can and cannot
    access
    > > via your WAP browser.

    thanks... I hadn't used mobile web in some time and won't have a detail bill
    with it on for a couple more weeks.

    > Actually, Mobile Web v1 uses 1X if the phone is capable. Both Mobile Web
    > and 1X data calls appear identically on my bill as follows (Mobile Web
    > call
    > followed by 1X data call):
    >
    > 187 12/30 09:22P O 4 New York/B NY (777)000-0001 Data UW Included .00
    > .00
    >
    > 290 02/06 10:24A O 14 Chicago /B IL (777)000-0001 Data UW Included .00
    > .00
    >
    > Notice the phone number (777)000-0001 -- the "1" indicates 1X. If the
    > call
    > had been a QNC connection for Mobile Web or a tethered data connection,
    > the
    > number would be (777)000-0000:
    >
    > 203 12/31 10:47P O 1 Home Area (777)000-0000 Data CL UW Included .00
    > .00

    it doesn't take much to hit 2mg (my phone shows 17000+ kb used and I only
    used it for a few hours one weekend) but like you, I'm a small time user,
    maybe a couple of hours airport (depends on the length of the layover) use
    every 3 or 4 months and several hours on a couple of weekends when I'm at my
    mom's. But... I know a lot of people use it for several hours each day in
    place of a regular isp and the new policy is aimed at their use.

    "Johnny" <johnny@bogusdomain.com> wrote in message
    >> Wouldn't it be more profitable to make EVERYONE pay who wants to use
    >> data?
    >
    > Maybe, maybe not. The question is if they'll break even by alienating
    > the small time data users who don't purchase a data plan. Personally,
    > they've convinced me not to become a customer:
    >
    > - I'm a small time data users (less than once a month, usually less
    > than 2mb/use). I currently have an old Sprint phone and cable (got it
    > about a month before they discontinued). My original plan allowed for
    > data, then they changed me (without asking) to a "better" plan that
    > didn't allow data. I still use it when I need it and don't get charged.

    > But... I know a lot of people use it for several hours each day in
    > place of a regular isp and the new policy is aimed at their use.

    Yep, and everyone gets penalized. I'm all for a pay-as-you-go plan, but
    it doesn't sound like that's going to happen.

    >> Did they know you were using mobile office features on the 1x
    >> network? When I read the ToS that was posted online some time in mid
    >> to late January it expressly prohibited 1x access using Mobile Office
    >> and said Mobile office and MOU was limited to the QNC network.

    I was waiting with the intent to update to a new plan. But after seeing
    the below, I've decided to stay where I am. This is at the bottom of the
    America's Choice plans page.

    <http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?
    item=planFirst&action=viewPlanDetail&sortOption=priceSort&catId=323>

    "Internet Access
    Mobile Office Kits, PC Cards, PDAs or other wireless modem devices may not
    be used for Internet access without a subscription to select NationalAccess
    plans."

    --
    Tom McCune
    http://www.McCune.cc

    ======================
    > Oregon and the Pacific Northwest
    > http://cell.uoregon.edu

    >> OK all of the talk of the new AC plans and that they will eliminate the
    >> 1x feature where all it costs are the minutes of use.
    >>
    >> I had a fanmily share AC plan but as of Feb 14th upgraded my account to
    >> another new family share where I get 200 extra minutes and a little less
    >> monthly fee. I asked if all features ar ethe same as my previous account
    >> and was told yes.
    >>
    >> So my question is I should still be locked in and getting the 1x service,
    >> or the service where I connect my phone to my laptop and surf the net for
    >> only minutes used right? So my unlimited nights and weekends mean I
    >> could surf the net for as long as I wanted to on the weekends and not pay
    >> anything. So I assume that this has not changed, am I right?
    >>
    >> I currently have the $79 AC plan with 1000 shared minutes and 3
    >> additional lines at $10 each.
    >>
    >> thanks for all help

    I'm confused....all this talk about putting MOU out to pasture. I'm on a
    "National access" 2000 minute plan & was told that it included both data &
    voice 1X etc.. Does all this hoopla apply to the nat'l no roam plans?
    --
    CorkyF

    Roughrider50 wrote:
    >>carrier to do this. I also believe its entirely possible that some of us
    >>MOU users will be grandfathered in provided we don't make changes. Time
    >>will tell.
    >>
    >>-Dan
    >>
    >>--
    >>
    >>=> --
    >>
    >>"Jason" <none@none.com> wrote in message
    >
    > ======================
    >
    >>Oregon and the Pacific Northwest
    >>http://cell.uoregon.edu

    >>>OK all of the talk of the new AC plans and that they will eliminate the
    >>>1x feature where all it costs are the minutes of use.
    >>>
    >>>I had a fanmily share AC plan but as of Feb 14th upgraded my account to
    >>>another new family share where I get 200 extra minutes and a little less
    >>>monthly fee. I asked if all features ar ethe same as my previous account
    >>>and was told yes.
    >>>
    >>>So my question is I should still be locked in and getting the 1x service,
    >>>or the service where I connect my phone to my laptop and surf the net for
    >>>only minutes used right? So my unlimited nights and weekends mean I
    >>>could surf the net for as long as I wanted to on the weekends and not pay
    >>>anything. So I assume that this has not changed, am I right?
    >>>
    >>>I currently have the $79 AC plan with 1000 shared minutes and 3
    >>>additional lines at $10 each.
    >>>
    >>>thanks for all help
    >>>

    > I'm confused....all this talk about putting MOU out to pasture. I'm on a
    > "National access" 2000 minute plan & was told that it included both data &
    > voice 1X etc.. Does all this hoopla apply to the nat'l no roam plans?

    Are you talking about the PLAN called "National Access"? This was
    essentially National Single Rate, with MOU explicitly advertised. No
    free Nights/Weekends, no IN-network package. This data plan also seems
    to have disappeared from the current Web pages. But if you have it,
    tethered data MOU was explicitly part of this plan, and as long as you
    are on it, it should apply.

    But the question is, on the "new" "no-roaming" AC plan, is tethered data
    usage going to be blocked, or will it be billed? If billed, wouldn't
    they have a problem if they didn't state the rate somewhere? They can't
    just after-the-fact say "we told you not to do that, and we are going to
    charge you $xx since you did."

Verizon Internet Service Providers