Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 not responding

Last response: in Windows 7
October 15, 2010 6:04:20 PM

Hello,what really does one need to solve the windows 7 persistent not responding problem? I can hardly become productive as the HP computer (64bit) keeps freezing?

More about : windows responding

a b $ Windows 7
October 15, 2010 7:46:37 PM

There is no information supplied that can allow a guess at what the cause of the problem is. The more information you supply regarding the problem, the better the chance of a solution.
Windows not responding can be caused by faulty hardware or drivers among other things. Post any error messages that are displyed.
If it's still under warranty contact HP.
The vast majority of W7 users are not having any problems with it.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 15, 2010 11:44:31 PM

HP what.? and what are the specs.?
what exactly is it doing and what are you trying to do when it does it.?
with that first post you should be banned for not knowing how to give adequate info.
get on the ball if you want help..
m
l
Related resources
October 26, 2010 8:39:12 AM

verbalizer said:
HP what.? and what are the specs.?
what exactly is it doing and what are you trying to do when it does it.?
with that first post you should be banned for not knowing how to give adequate info.
get on the ball if you want help..

Thanks for your responses guys. Am using windows 7 home premium on HP G61, 3GB RAM, dual-core CPU T4300 @ 2.10GHz. I have not installed any unusual programs and within 3 weeks it became very slow when i open literally all programs. Am using Norton internet security. I tried to recover the system but its not any better. On internet i use google chrome and it would respond that shockwave has crashed or adobe has crashed. I really need help. Sorry for not providing this before.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 26, 2010 1:09:22 PM

ok for one, I suggest at least 4GB of RAM and not 3GB. your RAM should be this: 4GB(2x2GB) in dual channel mode.
two, run an msconfig and see exactly what's in your start-up and clear the non-essential items.
three, probably done this but run disk cleanup and then clean up system files and older restore points.
not trying to offend if you done these already, I'm just going through some of the steps i would take..
m
l
!