Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Assassins Creed lagging horribly

Last response: in Video Games
May 28, 2012 8:25:49 PM

Hello

I recently bought Assassins Creed from steam, my computer met and exceeded most of the requirements, however, when the game is loaded, the cut scene is fine but afterwards when selecting the profile, and playing the actual game, it lags horribly. It does get better when I lower the resolution from 14490x900 refresh rate 75Hz to 640x480 refresh rate 60Hz. I have played this game before on max settings when I torrented the game once. As of now, I updated my drivers, and messed around with Nvidia Control Panel as much as I could, with no luck. Any help on how to play this game without lagging at max settings will be highly appreciated.

I just tried out both the other games, Assassins Creed II, and Assassins Creed Brotherhood, and they both have the same problem, a lag, most cut scenes are fine, but the game play is laggy.

Thank You

My Specs

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.40 Ghz
Asus P5K - E Mother Board
Crucial 7Gb DDR2 RAM
Seagate 500Gb Harddrive
Nvidia GeForce GTS 450
OCZ 700 Watt Power Supply

Best solution

May 29, 2012 3:31:18 AM

Are you checking your temps? If so what program are you using? FYI there are some of the OCZ PSU's you should not use but yours I can't tell. There should be some more letters or numbers with it.

The reason for the temps is because if they are to high then that could cause the lagging. There is another thing to try and it is to check the verify integrity of game cache in Steam.

If you don't know how to do that just let us know and will be glad to show you how to do that. Get back to us with the answers to the questions.
May 29, 2012 4:18:19 AM

Hello,

Thank you for your fast response

It stopped lagging, your solution was correct, all I did was check the verify integrity of game cache in Steam, and BAM no more lag and running at the highest resolution possible.

Thank You greatly.
m
l
Related resources
May 29, 2012 4:18:36 AM

Best answer selected by Guren827.
m
l
May 30, 2012 12:59:43 AM

guren827 said:
Hello,

Thank you for your fast response

It stopped lagging, your solution was correct, all I did was check the verify integrity of game cache in Steam, and BAM no more lag and running at the highest resolution possible.

Thank You greatly.

That is awesome I kinda figured that if steam is involved then there is a good place to start. Your welcome and thankyou. Good luck and have playing your games.
m
l
November 15, 2012 2:42:52 AM

DM186 said:
Are you checking your temps? If so what program are you using? FYI there are some of the OCZ PSU's you should not use but yours I can't tell. There should be some more letters or numbers with it.

The reason for the temps is because if they are to high then that could cause the lagging. There is another thing to try and it is to check the verify integrity of game cache in Steam.

If you don't know how to do that just let us know and will be glad to show you how to do that. Get back to us with the answers to the questions.

will this work on game fly and how is it done :heink: 
m
l
November 15, 2012 4:09:12 AM

tinnmann1965 said:
will this work on game fly and how is it done :heink: 

First off you are not suppose to bring up a closed thread it is against Tom's rules.

I don't know much about the Game Fly so I would recommend that you put your question to the community here on this forum
and see if anybody can help you with this or you could go to the Game Fly forum if they have one and put the question to them.

It could be a software problem on your rig that has a compatibility issue.

Or your temps are killing you. If you put your question to the community I will look and see if I can dig up some info and then I will try to get back to you.

Good luck to you

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/283384-33-read-first
m
l
!