HELP on FCPGA Celeron

G

Hi, all...

I have 2 questions...
1)
I have a FCPGA Celeron 667 MHz CPU. I have been trying to get it to work with a Socket1-FCPGA converter on a Microstar MS-6182 M/B, but all I get is silence. Anyone who has the same motherboard and got the slocket to work?

2.)
I accidentally broke off a pin (VSS at location AN3) on the Celeron while installation. It still works on a Socket370 motherboard, but I was wondering if this will affect the CPU? and can I just use any of the reserved pin and weld it to the missing VSS?

thanks for all your help!

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
go to intel's website and check what that particular pin you broke off was meant to do.

<font color=blue>Your mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take affect. Restart Now?[OK]</font color=blue>

Mordy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
1)Try the slocket on other m/b, you will know if the slocket don't work at all or only on this M/B. One of the reasons for slocket not working is because older m/bs can't support lower than 1.8v (?) , celery cC0 stepping uses 1.7v, so one thing to try is setting the slocket to 1.8 volt. Also check if the slocket coppermine compatible, check jumper settings.
2) If it works without one ground pin , it probably not affect the CPU, but you can't be shure what that reserved pin <b>really</b> do (thanx intel)

-Beer! Good!
-James Hatfield