Diablo 3 - Graphics card missing required features?

jordietx

Honorable
May 29, 2012
Hello,
When trying to run Diablo 3, I got the error message: "Diablo 3 is unable to run because this graphics card is missing some required features. Updating your graphics card may help."
I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to this area, but I tried updating my graphics card - an NVIDIA Quadro NVS 135M - using the Device Manager. Currently, it's showing the driver date is 3/22/2012 and the driver version is 8.17.12.9635. I still got the same error message after updating.

My laptop is a Dell Latitude D630. Operating system is Windows 7 Ultimate, 32-bit. Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T8300 @ 2.40GHz.

Is there anyway to get Diablo 3 to work with this graphics card, or would I need a completely new one?
Thank you for the help!

Solution
it wont work no matter what you do. the gpu has a grand total of 8 stream processors... which is x10 less than whats needed to run diablo 3 at minimum...
its a video card and thats it. it will play minesweeper but thats about it...
im not being funny but if you bought that lappy thinking it would play games you were mistaken.
the gpu itself comes with either 128/256 mb of memory 8 steam processors a 64 bit interface...
now compare that with a really basic low end gaming grade gpu.
635m 144 cuda cores 1gig gddr3 192bit although its not the best it is reasonable for a notebook and will play most games at low or better settings.

you wont in most cases be able to replace a gpu in a notebook. they just dont make em so you can upgrade em...
it wont work no matter what you do. the gpu has a grand total of 8 stream processors... which is x10 less than whats needed to run diablo 3 at minimum...
its a video card and thats it. it will play minesweeper but thats about it...
im not being funny but if you bought that lappy thinking it would play games you were mistaken.
the gpu itself comes with either 128/256 mb of memory 8 steam processors a 64 bit interface...
now compare that with a really basic low end gaming grade gpu.
635m 144 cuda cores 1gig gddr3 192bit although its not the best it is reasonable for a notebook and will play most games at low or better settings.

you wont in most cases be able to replace a gpu in a notebook. they just dont make em so you can upgrade em. they are throwaway by design. the manufacturers build in obsolescence on purpose forcing you to buy whole new systems rather than upgrading old 1s...

Solution
I agree with HEXiT.
The game is not going to run simply by updating the graphics driver. It needs a hardware upgrade (your GPU). But in your case, it's not actually possible, since you've got a laptop.
Best chance for you to play the game, would be to do it on a desktop, or buy a better laptop.

also its a pro series graphics card, which doesn't mean its 'better' or 'longer lasting' or 'more business oriented' it just means it has a different driver and hence feature set. Therefore when diablo looks for the driver it doesn't see things that it needs. Never mind the fact that this is an old/low end quadro card, and hence would have very little power anyway.

GPU's in laptops are generally not replaceable.

jordietx

Honorable
May 29, 2012
Thank you for the replies.
I've had this laptop since 2008? so I'm due for a new PC anyways. In fact, just ordered the parts.
One thing I'd like to note though: I have played graphical games on it though -- Perfect World being the main one and it worked fine, and I put more hours than I'd care to admit into that game.