Limited Account cannot print

July 17, 2004 11:55:47 AM

After setting up an Epson 880 USB printer connected to a
print server, I can print just fine from my administrative
account. However, when my wife attempts to print from her
Limited Account, the printer utility quickly blips on the
tray and then refuses to print. Is there some kind of
permission problem here? I looked in her Limited
Account's Printer list and the printer is there, so it
isn't that the printer doesn't show up.

More about : limited account print

Anonymous
July 19, 2004 11:21:36 AM

"Michael Zuhlke" <mrzuhlke@juno.com> wrote in news:006f01c46c0e$247fe540
$3501280a@phx.gbl:

> After setting up an Epson 880 USB printer connected to a
> print server, I can print just fine from my administrative
> account. However, when my wife attempts to print from her
> Limited Account, the printer utility quickly blips on the
> tray and then refuses to print. Is there some kind of
> permission problem here? I looked in her Limited
> Account's Printer list and the printer is there, so it
> isn't that the printer doesn't show up.

I'm now having the same problem with one of my clients who is using MS-
Windows XP Home and would appreciate any comments while I continue to
research the issue.

Thanks,
Jeff
Anonymous
July 22, 2004 3:33:49 PM

Usually seen on XP Home when also using Norton Antivirus Software....
Solution:

Control Panel, Printers & Faxes, right click on the Printer and select
Properties... in the Advanced tab, change Spool Print Documents to Print
directly to Printer.
--
Cari
www.coribright.com

"Jeff D'Aoust" <None@none.com> wrote in message
> "Michael Zuhlke" <mrzuhlke@juno.com> wrote in news:006f01c46c0e$247fe540
> $3501280a@phx.gbl:
>
>> After setting up an Epson 880 USB printer connected to a
>> print server, I can print just fine from my administrative
>> account. However, when my wife attempts to print from her
>> Limited Account, the printer utility quickly blips on the
>> tray and then refuses to print. Is there some kind of
>> permission problem here? I looked in her Limited
>> Account's Printer list and the printer is there, so it
>> isn't that the printer doesn't show up.
>
> I'm now having the same problem with one of my clients who is using MS-
> Windows XP Home and would appreciate any comments while I continue to
> research the issue.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff
July 28, 2004 1:19:16 AM

"Cari \(MS-MVP\)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in

> Usually seen on XP Home when also using Norton Antivirus Software....
> Solution:
>
> Control Panel, Printers & Faxes, right click on the Printer and select
> Properties... in the Advanced tab, change Spool Print Documents to Print
> directly to Printer.

Thanks, but Norton Antivirus isn't running on this computer. Do you have
another suggestion for this issue?

Thanks,
Jeff
Anonymous
July 28, 2004 1:36:46 AM

I said 'usually seen'. Has been known with other third party applications
as well. Did you try Printing Direct?

> "Cari \(MS-MVP\)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in

> Thanks, but Norton Antivirus isn't running on this computer. Do you have
> another suggestion for this issue?
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff

Anonymous
July 29, 2004 4:33:55 PM

> I said 'usually seen'. Has been known with other third party
> applications as well. Did you try Printing Direct?

Yes, but that didn't work. I saw it mentioned elsewhere that each user on
XP Home, including "Limited Users" should login with a password and that
this action would create a file somewwhere allowing them access to the
printer. Does this reasonable to you?

Jeff
Anonymous
July 29, 2004 4:33:56 PM

I think the problem is that it's on a Print Server.

Try Bruce Sanderson's two articles at:
http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/Printing%20to%20Print%2...
and

!