Limited Account cannot print

After setting up an Epson 880 USB printer connected to a
print server, I can print just fine from my administrative
account. However, when my wife attempts to print from her
Limited Account, the printer utility quickly blips on the
tray and then refuses to print. Is there some kind of
permission problem here? I looked in her Limited
Account's Printer list and the printer is there, so it
isn't that the printer doesn't show up.
6 answers Last reply
More about limited account print

    "Michael Zuhlke" <mrzuhlke@juno.com> wrote in news:006f01c46c0e$247fe540
    $3501280a@phx.gbl:

    > After setting up an Epson 880 USB printer connected to a
    > print server, I can print just fine from my administrative
    > account. However, when my wife attempts to print from her
    > Limited Account, the printer utility quickly blips on the
    > tray and then refuses to print. Is there some kind of
    > permission problem here? I looked in her Limited
    > Account's Printer list and the printer is there, so it
    > isn't that the printer doesn't show up.

    I'm now having the same problem with one of my clients who is using MS-
    Windows XP Home and would appreciate any comments while I continue to
    research the issue.

    Thanks,
    Jeff

    Usually seen on XP Home when also using Norton Antivirus Software....
    Solution:

    Control Panel, Printers & Faxes, right click on the Printer and select
    Properties... in the Advanced tab, change Spool Print Documents to Print
    directly to Printer.
    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "Cari \(MS-MVP\)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in

    > Usually seen on XP Home when also using Norton Antivirus Software....
    > Solution:
    >
    > Control Panel, Printers & Faxes, right click on the Printer and select
    > Properties... in the Advanced tab, change Spool Print Documents to Print
    > directly to Printer.

    Thanks, but Norton Antivirus isn't running on this computer. Do you have
    another suggestion for this issue?

    Thanks,
    Jeff

    I said 'usually seen'. Has been known with other third party applications
    as well. Did you try Printing Direct?

    > I said 'usually seen'. Has been known with other third party
    > applications as well. Did you try Printing Direct?

    Yes, but that didn't work. I saw it mentioned elsewhere that each user on
    XP Home, including "Limited Users" should login with a password and that
    this action would create a file somewwhere allowing them access to the
    printer. Does this reasonable to you?

    Jeff

    I think the problem is that it's on a Print Server.

    Try Bruce Sanderson's two articles at:
    http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/Printing%20to%20Print%20Server%20device.htm
    and

    > "Cari \(MS MVP\)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in
    >
    >> I said 'usually seen'. Has been known with other third party
    >> applications as well. Did you try Printing Direct?
    >
    > Yes, but that didn't work. I saw it mentioned elsewhere that each user on
    > XP Home, including "Limited Users" should login with a password and that
    > this action would create a file somewwhere allowing them access to the
    > printer. Does this reasonable to you?
    >
    > Jeff

Microsoft Printers Windows XP