Fax through DSL modem

Can I fax through my DSL? In my Configuration Wizard I
am only given the option to use the Gateway Data Fax
Modem. Is there a work around?
2 answers Last reply
More about modem

    Many users don't realize that faxing is a function that can only use analog
    phone lines and analog fax modems. Accordingly, no fax software will
    function with cable modems or DSL lines. With some DSL connections you can
    obtain a DSL line filter suitable for connecting a standard analog voice
    line to the DSL line and can then connect an analog fax modem to that line.

    If you have no analog modem or phone line, you will need to use a fee based
    Internet Fax Service. Several are listed here: http://www.savetz.com/fax/
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]

    "Peter Pickett" <gristmillhouse@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    > Can I fax through my DSL? In my Configuration Wizard I
    > am only given the option to use the Gateway Data Fax
    > Modem. Is there a work around?

    For an extensive list of internet fax services, see
    http://www.faxbeep.com/internet-fax-service/ .

    "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message news:<e2gHEvBbEHA.712@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...
    > If you have no analog modem or phone line, you will need to use a fee based
    > Internet Fax Service...

Fax DSL Modem Microsoft Windows XP