Fax through DSL modem

July 17, 2004 12:18:46 PM

Can I fax through my DSL? In my Configuration Wizard I
am only given the option to use the Gateway Data Fax
Modem. Is there a work around?

More about : fax dsl modem

Anonymous
July 17, 2004 3:33:10 PM

Many users don't realize that faxing is a function that can only use analog
phone lines and analog fax modems. Accordingly, no fax software will
function with cable modems or DSL lines. With some DSL connections you can
obtain a DSL line filter suitable for connecting a standard analog voice
line to the DSL line and can then connect an analog fax modem to that line.

If you have no analog modem or phone line, you will need to use a fee based
Internet Fax Service. Several are listed here: http://www.savetz.com/fax/
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

"Peter Pickett" <gristmillhouse@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> Can I fax through my DSL? In my Configuration Wizard I
> am only given the option to use the Gateway Data Fax
> Modem. Is there a work around?
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 4:30:03 PM

For an extensive list of internet fax services, see
http://www.faxbeep.com/internet-fax-service/ .

!