What is the best recording software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewHitchcock96

Honorable
May 29, 2012
I want to record my LoL games but all of the 'good' recording software you have to pay for and I heard that MXI Afterburner is a good recorder and its free. What are your opinions?

rpg_poser

Honorable
Mar 12, 2012

By "recording", you mean making digital images of your game CD's or DVD's? I use isobuster and imageburn for that. They are free.

jcox26

Honorable
May 7, 2012
Since i am psychic and know you are actually speaking about console gaming by the way you put this under pc gaming. It will cost money because console is *** compared to PC but if you want a cheap decent video recording hardware/software for console go with something like a Roxio game capture or elgato video capture device. Oh and on a side note a good one for pc is debut http://www.nchsoftware.com/capture/index.html

RyQril

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
i have been using 3 softwares about recording, FRAPS / MSI Afterburner / Xfire, they are all good and use lot of HDD and CPU resources/power.

for now am using MSI AB free and awesome :)

for all the uninformed people, by LoL op means League of Legends (it's a MOBA)

MSi afterburner is free, I believe so is xfire.

RyQril: in your opinion of using those progs, any single one better than other two?

RyQril

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
@AntiZig: actually they're both great, the only reason am only using MSIAB is its "Monitoring Graphs" you can show it In-Game for "On-Screen Display" while recording, other than that MSIAB has advanced options for recording.

PS: you need a fast HDD (SSD/raids helps alot in recording), and a powerful cpu to record in HIGH/Full frame, and also it depends on the resolution in game.

TIPS:
-for a med-end pc > lower the resolution of the game and use 1/2 frame with 90% of quality and use MJPG compression.

-if you got two HDDs(no raids), use the one that the game and OS not installed in it, use the less HDD usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.