Paul

Splendid

I have a US Robotics 56k data/fax modem, MS-xp, Word
2000, 1gb processor, 512mb ram, 80gb Hard Drive with 80%
free, and I cannot get Windows fax to work. My modem
works fine, I can query the modem and I can use dialup to
connect although I am currently using DSL. The drivers
for the modem are current, but I cannot get MS Fax to
work. What am I doing wrong?

Rather hard to say, wouldn't you think?
Perhaps you could save us from trying to read your mind.
Explain in comprehensible detail what you are doing, what happens, and what
isn't working. Include how you installed the Fax program.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Paul" <demoman_two@msn.com> wrote in message
> I have a US Robotics 56k data/fax modem, MS-xp, Word
> 2000, 1gb processor, 512mb ram, 80gb Hard Drive with 80%
> free, and I cannot get Windows fax to work. My modem
> works fine, I can query the modem and I can use dialup to
> connect although I am currently using DSL. The drivers
> for the modem are current, but I cannot get MS Fax to
> work. What am I doing wrong?

robin

Or save yourself alot of headaches and just install a fax program that
works, like Mighty Fax.