Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 hangs and BSOD on startup screen

Last response: in Windows 7
October 16, 2010 1:44:06 AM

Hello,
I restarted my computer (asus g73jh) because the touchpad was getting stuck again and when the computer started shutting down there was a series of rapid updates on a black screen with a w7 logo. When the computer started back up it would load to the screen that said starting windows and the 4 balls would form the windows logo and then the computer would hang there for maybe 15-30 seconds and then it would do a quick bsod, to quick to read, and then restart. So i cant boot into my pc and have tried various fixes and none seem to work. Does anyone have a soloution?
October 16, 2010 1:50:17 AM

ok! after running safe mode the hang up and bsod appear to occur after loading the driver classpnp.sys. if this helps anyone help me lol
m
l
October 16, 2010 4:12:16 AM

I've got the exact same problem, After replacing video card, started locking at pulsing 4 window start up screen, so far I've Reinstalled removed video brd , all bench testing on hardware passed fine, swaped PSU, Kinda ruled out hardware as the problem, Going to put fresh blank drive & reload windows 7 on it, I try to post it.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
October 16, 2010 6:00:30 AM

Looks like a driver problem.

Why dont you go into windows 7 if you can, in safe mode F8 key !.
Then do a system restore before the point of any updates were installed.

See if it works.
m
l
October 16, 2010 2:52:20 PM

Shaun O,

I think your correct about driver issue but, safe mode locks up also at pnp driver & then bsod .

Seeya,
Blawlis
m
l
!