Frank,

> Need to know how to print a Prn file on Windows XP

Open a "Command Prompt" and type:

COPY filename.prn LPT1: (if it is local)

or

COPY filename.prn \\Computer\Printer (if it is networked)

Kind regards,
Davide Guolo
Printfil - Windows Printing System for Applications
http://www.guolo.com/printfil
Odbc4All - Connection to ODBC Data Sources for any Application
http://www.guolo.com/odbc4all

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

This works ONLY if the printer is the same model and uses the same driver as
tthe computer that generated the prn file. (Unless it happened to be a
postscript printer using a postscript driver). The other exception to the
rule is a text printer using a text printer driver.

"Davide Guolo" <guolo.NOSPAM.davide@libero.it> wrote in message
> Frank,
>
>> Need to know how to print a Prn file on Windows XP
>
> Open a "Command Prompt" and type:
>
> COPY filename.prn LPT1: (if it is local)
>
> or
>
> COPY filename.prn \\Computer\Printer (if it is networked)
>
> Kind regards,
> Davide Guolo
> Printfil - Windows Printing System for Applications
> http://www.guolo.com/printfil
> Odbc4All - Connection to ODBC Data Sources for any Application
> http://www.guolo.com/odbc4all

Chuck,

> This works ONLY if the printer is the same model and uses the same driver
as
> tthe computer that generated the prn file.

of course.

> The other exception to the
> rule is a text printer using a text printer driver.

In this case, using Printfil, you can print it to ANY Windows printer,
including virtual ones (WinFax, PDF Writers etc.)

Regards,
Davide Guolo.
Printfil - Windows Printing System for Applications
http://www.guolo.com/printfil
Odbc4All - Connection to ODBC Data Sources for any Application
http://www.guolo.com/odbc4all

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

I generally do not advertise commercial or crippled shareware programs.