AMD 1GHz temp high?

G

Hi,

I have a AMD 1GHz with the ASUS K7V-133 borad. Motherboard Monitor 5 says the case temp is 33 degrees cels and the CPU 55 degrees. I use a Thermosonic ThermoEngine cooler but used a Thermaltake Silver ORB before with the same results. Also I use Arctic Silver thermal paste instead of the standard pads. No overclocking or other tricks.

Question, isn't this too high for this type of setup? If so, what could be the reason, ie. what could I check?

Any help is appreciated.

I HAVE A 1.2 OVERCLOCKED TO 1.33. MY TEMP RUNS AS HIGH AS 55 CELCIUS WITH THE STANDARD AMD FAN (BOXED VERSION). I WAS TOLD BY A TECH THAT THIS IS OK. CHANGED CASES, ETC WITH NO IMPROVEMENT. HEARD GOOD THINGS ABOUT SOME OF THE HIGH PRICED FANS, BUT WHY SPEND $45-80 ON A FAN. YOU CAN REPLACE YOUR CPU FOR THAT PRICE.

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
if thats your temp at full load, your fine.

<font color=blue>Your mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take affect. Restart Now?[OK]</font color=blue>

killall

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
those are good temps... by the way what is the ambient air temperature in the room?

you do not strengthen the weak by weakening the strong

G

Thanks so far for all of you for the replies!

The ambient temp in the room is a lot less, currently I would guess (can't check though) it is 17 deg cel and the case temp is 29 and the cpu 48.

I was just confused as when you read the tests of cpu coolers on different websites they sort of say my machine should be around 35-45 degrees most of the time.