Printer XP Conflict ?

July 21, 2004 11:34:22 AM

I bought a HP psc 2410xi photosmart all-in-one printer that has that only a
USB connection. When I try to install the software from the cd I get to the
point that you try to install the drivers for the printer I get an error(I
can't remeber what it said at the moment) that basicaly says that it can not
find the drivers for the printer. I have tryied calling HP techs and spent
over 3 hours on the phone and they don't have any answers how to get them
installed. I have installed this same printer on a laptop using Windows 98
just fine. I also have tried to reinstall my old printer (Cannon Multipass
c755 all-in-one) using the USB connection and got the same error. I don't
have any problems installing the Cannon printer using the serial port. I
think that it is a XP problem, but I don't know what it is. Any ideas
please let me know. If you want to know exactly what the error stated I
will try to install it again to get the exact words it has been quite a
while ago since I first tried to install it.

Thanks in advance for your help
Dale

More about : printer conflict

Anonymous
July 21, 2004 5:29:13 PM

Sounds like it might be a USB connection problem. Since you were able to
install a serial printer but not the USB printer.

Try using another USB device on the same connector port that you are trying
to use for the printer.

HTH
Parley

"DW" <dlwalker@hamilton.net> wrote in message news:40fe6fb5_1@127.0.0.1...
> I bought a HP psc 2410xi photosmart all-in-one printer that has that only
> USB connection. When I try to install the software from the cd I get to
the
> point that you try to install the drivers for the printer I get an error(I
> can't remeber what it said at the moment) that basicaly says that it can
not
> find the drivers for the printer. I have tryied calling HP techs and
spent
> over 3 hours on the phone and they don't have any answers how to get them
> installed. I have installed this same printer on a laptop using Windows
98
> just fine. I also have tried to reinstall my old printer (Cannon
Multipass
> c755 all-in-one) using the USB connection and got the same error. I don't
> have any problems installing the Cannon printer using the serial port. I
> think that it is a XP problem, but I don't know what it is. Any ideas
> please let me know. If you want to know exactly what the error stated I
> will try to install it again to get the exact words it has been quite a
> while ago since I first tried to install it.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help
> Dale

July 21, 2004 8:55:03 PM

I have 3 other devices that I us USB for and I have no problems with them.
I have 2 each of 2.0 and 1.0 ports and I have tried each one of them I still
get this error. I don't think it is the cable or printer as I us both with
my laptop just fine.

Dale

!