Printer XP Conflict ?

I bought a HP psc 2410xi photosmart all-in-one printer that has that only a
USB connection. When I try to install the software from the cd I get to the
point that you try to install the drivers for the printer I get an error(I
can't remeber what it said at the moment) that basicaly says that it can not
find the drivers for the printer. I have tryied calling HP techs and spent
over 3 hours on the phone and they don't have any answers how to get them
installed. I have installed this same printer on a laptop using Windows 98
just fine. I also have tried to reinstall my old printer (Cannon Multipass
c755 all-in-one) using the USB connection and got the same error. I don't
have any problems installing the Cannon printer using the serial port. I
think that it is a XP problem, but I don't know what it is. Any ideas
please let me know. If you want to know exactly what the error stated I
will try to install it again to get the exact words it has been quite a
while ago since I first tried to install it.

Thanks in advance for your help
Dale
2 answers Last reply
More about printer conflict

    Sounds like it might be a USB connection problem. Since you were able to
    install a serial printer but not the USB printer.

    Try using another USB device on the same connector port that you are trying
    to use for the printer.

    HTH
    Parley

    "DW" <dlwalker@hamilton.net> wrote in message news:40fe6fb5_1@127.0.0.1...
    > I bought a HP psc 2410xi photosmart all-in-one printer that has that only
    > USB connection. When I try to install the software from the cd I get to
    the
    > point that you try to install the drivers for the printer I get an error(I
    > can't remeber what it said at the moment) that basicaly says that it can
    not
    > find the drivers for the printer. I have tryied calling HP techs and
    spent
    > over 3 hours on the phone and they don't have any answers how to get them
    > installed. I have installed this same printer on a laptop using Windows
    98
    > just fine. I also have tried to reinstall my old printer (Cannon
    Multipass
    > c755 all-in-one) using the USB connection and got the same error. I don't
    > have any problems installing the Cannon printer using the serial port. I
    > think that it is a XP problem, but I don't know what it is. Any ideas
    > please let me know. If you want to know exactly what the error stated I
    > will try to install it again to get the exact words it has been quite a
    > while ago since I first tried to install it.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help
    > Dale

    I have 3 other devices that I us USB for and I have no problems with them.
    I have 2 each of 2.0 and 1.0 ports and I have tried each one of them I still
    get this error. I don't think it is the cable or printer as I us both with
    my laptop just fine.

    Dale
    "Parley" <pdkennellynot@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Sounds like it might be a USB connection problem. Since you were able to
    > install a serial printer but not the USB printer.
    >
    > Try using another USB device on the same connector port that you are
    trying
    > to use for the printer.
    >
    > HTH
    > Parley
    >
    > "DW" <dlwalker@hamilton.net> wrote in message news:40fe6fb5_1@127.0.0.1...
    > > I bought a HP psc 2410xi photosmart all-in-one printer that has that
    only
    > > USB connection. When I try to install the software from the cd I get to
    > the
    > > point that you try to install the drivers for the printer I get an
    error(I
    > > can't remeber what it said at the moment) that basicaly says that it can
    > not
    > > find the drivers for the printer. I have tryied calling HP techs and
    > spent
    > > over 3 hours on the phone and they don't have any answers how to get
    them
    > > installed. I have installed this same printer on a laptop using Windows
    > 98
    > > just fine. I also have tried to reinstall my old printer (Cannon
    > Multipass
    > > c755 all-in-one) using the USB connection and got the same error. I
    don't
    > > have any problems installing the Cannon printer using the serial port.
    > > think that it is a XP problem, but I don't know what it is. Any ideas
    > > please let me know. If you want to know exactly what the error stated I
    > > will try to install it again to get the exact words it has been quite a
    > > while ago since I first tried to install it.
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance for your help
    > > Dale

Hewlett Packard Printers Windows XP