KT7-RAID BootBlock?

G

I have hit a snag in overclocking my T-Bird 850 to >1.05Ghz.......................................................... aperiently, Abit has a Boot Blobker and when ever I clock my CPU to 1.051Ghz or higher, it kicks in, and my system halts. My COU POSTs at the speed, but its being dumb, I need help!

Yes, I'm the BOY who got Win98 to load in under 10 sec... ah....

G

i had the same thing yesterday, but i didn't know what it was... i tried to push my athlon 800 over 1100... or 1150 or something...

i also have this weird thing with these bios settings..
when i select a multiplier of 10.5x it will only do 10x but if i set it to 11x it is 11x... Why doesn't the 10.5x work?

But what is this boot block thing anyway?

Bud

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2001
Yep, I have the same prob with the .5 multipliers.
Let us know if you figure it out.

I'm not in touch with my feeings, and I like it that way!

G

ok, i got it work a bit better............ update the BIOS to the 3C version, this allows for 1.05Ghz-1.099Ghz....... but still cant pass the 1.1Ghz barrier w/o the Boot Block comeing on..........

Yes, I'm the BOY who got Win98 to load in under 10 sec... ah....

peach

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
<font color=blue>As far as the multipliers go - read <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=636279#636279" target="_new">this thread</A>.

And the boot block I believe was answered correctly by Mega "update the BIOS to the 3C version, this allows for 1.05Ghz-1.099Ghz....... "

:cool: <i><font color=blue>on company time....</i>

Bud

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2001
Thanks for the reply, However I'm refering to factory unlocked L1 bridges...the pencil trick is not the problem.

"That's right, I'm the guy who can feel the difference between 50FPS & 100FPS in LandWarrior."

peach

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
<font color=blue>Hmmm... I hate to ask a question that would imply you haven't tried basic trouble shooting, but, well - I won't. I'll just ask you what you have done... what have you tried bud?

:cool: <i><font color=blue>on company time....</i>

Bud

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2001
well, I've had some CPUs or should I say motherboards that
would choke on some .5 multipliers, but not all of them. Some .5x were stable. It may even be my bios, I've never flashed it. I'm still using Abit WW in my primary. But for instance, my unlocked 1200 won't boot through (stable anyway) at 9.5...but 10.5 or 8.5 seems okay...beats me. I've tried just about every permutaion
of FSB/PCI clk, bios setting, Vcore...if you could see my note sheets for all the things I've tried your head would spin =:cool:

I was just wondering if anyone else noticed the same thing. And if a resolution was found. I actaully posted this question some time ago and didn't really get any resolution. So fell free to sugest even the simplist
thought...I won't be offended at all.

"That's right, I'm the guy who can feel the difference between 50FPS & 100FPS in LandWarrior."<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by bud on 07/18/01 11:32 AM.</EM></FONT></P>