interface cell with fax

Last response: in Network Providers
February 21, 2005 4:36:00 PM

Can any one tell me if it is possible to interface a cell phone directly to
a fax machine without using a personal computer? I have a 2 new SAMSUNG
sch-A650's and I would like to use one of these new phones as a FAX line, in
an office setup. Any help here?

More about : interface cell fax

Anonymous
February 21, 2005 4:36:01 PM

Tom Tyson wrote:
> Can any one tell me if it is possible to interface a cell phone
> directly to a fax machine without using a personal computer? I have a
> 2 new SAMSUNG sch-A650's and I would like to use one of these new
> phones as a FAX line, in an office setup. Any help here?

That won't do it, but for a small office, check out:

http://www.cellantenna.com/BaseStation/cellular_base_st...

Cellular Base Station by Telular

GET RID OF YOUR LAND LINE WITH OUR
TELULAR BASE STATIONS!

Fax
Data
Voice
PBX Connectivity
The Cellular Base Station provides wireless voice, fax, and computer
communication to home, office or any remote location where phone service is
needed and a cellular communications network is available. Primary telephone
service, extra lines and security back-up can be available immediately.
Simply plug your standard telephone, fax machine or computer modem into the
unit's jack. This is a stand alone unit with its own internal cellular
telephone built in.

The beauty of this self-contained unit is that it will allow the connection
of a boat or house that does not have phone line access in remote or
offshore areas. When used in marine applications, a yacht or boat can have
regular landline service conveniences including a fax, modem and regular
phone hookup. Ideal for the boat-based office. When used at home, every
phone in the house operates just like it was connected to a land line.

Ideal for:

Boat or Yacht (add our Booster and antenna for longer range)
Merchant Sales
RV
House that does not have regular landline access (rural areas)
Construction Site
Anywhere no land telephone line is possible!
Emergency Phone
=============================
TELULAR Phonecell® SX4T CDMA 2000 1X

http://www.cellantenna.com/BaseStation/telularcdma.htm

Replaces or can be added to existing land lines
Provides regular dial tone
Connect Fax and PC via USB
Connects to CDMA Cellular Providers just like a regular cell phone
Enjoy Cellular Services Plans for your home line
Able to connect to 1XRTT high speed
Comes with Internal batteries for information backup
Can Be Connected to :

AllTel
US Cellular ( some areas)
Coming 2004' Spring: Sprint
Coming 2004' Fall: Verizon
The SX4T CDMA2000 1X is Telular Corporation's latest solution for next
generation Fixed Cellular communications. Using a CDMA cellular network, it
provides exceptional voice quality, high-speed packet data, circuit-switched
data, PC fax, and optional analog fax. The SX4T can be utilized a number of
different ways including wireline replacement, portable dial tone, least
cost routing, and telemetry. The product can provide access to the Internet
and email at rates as high as 144 Kbps - a considerable improvement over
today's dial-up modems. The SX4T is available in 800 MHz with analog fax.
Coming soon with 1900 MHz with analog fax for Sprint and Verizon cellular
providers. Currently operational with AllTel and US Cellular CDMA network.
Features/Benefits:
Voice Communication
CDMA2000 1X Packet Data
Circuit-Switched Data
PC Fax
Optional Group 3 Analog Fax
Memory Dial
Hotline feature
Internal battery backup
Automatic end-of-dialing (no SEND key)
Easy set up
Product Brochure - English

In areas that have weak signal coverage from cellular service providers,
such as offshore, remote areas or indoors, you can combine the Telular Base
Station with our DA4000 booster amplifier and one of our exterior Yagi,
Panel or Fiberglass Whip Antennas. , and get range of service far beyond
your imagination!

On sale for $600
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 4:06:26 PM

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 11:34:26 -0800, "Peter Pan"
<Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote:

>That won't do it, but for a small office, check out:
>
>http://www.cellantenna.com/BaseStation/cellular_base_st...

Oh only $600.
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
February 25, 2005 8:26:15 AM

I doubt this helps but you can allow Verizon's voicemail to answer fax calls
and the system will save the fax message in your VM box. Later you can call
VM and redirect the document to a number with a typical fax machine.

-Brian
"Evan Platt" <evan@TheObvious.espphotography.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 11:34:26 -0800, "Peter Pan"
> <Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote:
>
>>That won't do it, but for a small office, check out:
>>
>>http://www.cellantenna.com/BaseStation/cellular_base_st...
>

> Oh only $600.
> --
> To reply, remove TheObvious from my e-mail address.
Anonymous
March 22, 2005 10:00:41 PM

zLon wrote:
> Telular has a nice device, however it lacks support.
>
> I have an SX5e and Cingular with GSM. I have yet to hear from anyone
> that has faxing working with GSM.
>
> I hear that Sprint may soon be selling these in their stores.

Maybe it's the GSM part? I have, and use, a Tellular SX4e for CDMA with
Verizon, and it works fine with faxes.
!