Skyrim runs sooo bad >.>

manshiny

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
Ok, so I finally reinstalled Skyrim since downgrading from my trusty gaming beast to my current laptop, and I'm getting TERRIBLE fps. It's actually unplayable. I'm getting an absolute maximum FPS of 15.
I have an Asus G53sw so specs are
- i7 2630qm @stock speeds (I understand Skyrim is heavily relies on CPU, I figured I should be fine in this area)
- Nvidia GTX 460m @stock (i don't plan on overclocking simply cause I don't trust myself doing it)
- 12gb ram @1333mhz
- Intel 330 120gb SSD (I have the game installed here)
- Win7 Home Edition 64bit

I also plan on installing some mods (mainly gameplay mods for smithing, hunting, combat and weapons/armor, that kind of thing), so they shouldnt affect my game to much with GPU and CPU usage, and I don't use any Graphics Mods.

The game is currently set at MEDIUM settings
-1920x1080
-Antialiasing=off
-Anisotropic Filtering=off
-Texture quality=high
-radial blur=low
-shadow detail=medium
-decal quantity=medium
-FXAA=on
water settings are only on reflect land, nothing else

view distances are at 2-3 each, specularity fade is at 5, light fade is a 10 and distant object detail is at medium, object detail fade is on

I have made no INI tweaks. and according to the internet and other users, I should be getting an avg fps of 60 at these settings. People are apparently getting to high with 50fps wit AA and others on -.-

HELP ME PLEAS!!

swindlehurst

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2010
Its A pile of unoptimised clunky grabage stop playing dung games
Bethesda cant make games they should turn there atention to fantasy commics
Uninstall it and play DoW 2
Sorry did i get carried away

manshiny

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011

I'll forgive you for your little rant, but I'd really like to get the problem fixed, I've been a bethesda fan for a long time, and I'm very loyal to them, even though skyrim is badly optimised >.>

skaz

Distinguished
I think the key words were "downgrading from my trusty gaming beast to my current laptop".

I don't recommend serious gaming on a laptop. Regardless if its marked for "gaming" or not. Mobile GPUs are completely different than their desktop counter parts. The heat alone will limit you. Your best bet is to start lower settings until you get to an acceptable FPS. Not trying to sound bleak about it, just my honest opinion.

Good luck mate.