Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Avira detected a trojan from the Max Payne 3 install.

Last response: in Video Games
June 1, 2012 6:53:20 AM

This must be a false positive right?

This is the Steam version of MP3 and it says the Object is "MaxPayne3.exe and the detection is "TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen2". Literally before I went to Install MP3, I did a full scan with Avira and a quick scan with Malwarebytes and nothing came up. I'm only about 20 percent into my MP3 install when this just now came up. Do I ignore it or quarantine it?

If this is a false positive I might just switch back to Avast. This *** is annoying.

To my relief I found something that suggests it is a false positive.
http://forum.avira.com/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&thread...
June 1, 2012 11:55:47 AM

Yeah its just a false positve, perhaps switch to a better AV.
Score
June 1, 2012 2:42:33 PM

Yes, it's most likely a false detection. You do update your anti virus regularly, don't you?
Score
Related resources
June 1, 2012 2:49:52 PM

@OP
When you install and play the game please leave your feedback about it, how many FPS you get with what Video card and what settings.
Score
June 1, 2012 2:55:05 PM

ilysaml said:
@OP
When you install and play the game please leave your feedback about it, how many FPS you get with what Video card and what settings.

+1
I'd like to know about it too. :) 
Score

Best solution

June 2, 2012 4:12:49 AM

this only happens on the illegal cracked copy of the game. i run avira and the legit max payne 3 does not give a trojan alert
tomes doesnt offer support or condone piracy...
btw gen2 xpack is a legit find by avira. as its a none standard encryption which will set avira off as its designed to...
as for swapping to a better av. there isnt a better free 1...
June 2, 2012 5:12:09 AM

This topic has been closed by Amdfangirl
Score
June 2, 2012 5:12:47 AM

Best answer selected by amdfangirl.
Score
!