Here's my rigg:

Abit BE6-II over clocked to 133 fsb and memory at max speed
P3-1000 cpu
Annihilator 2 Ultra with 12.41 drivers and 4ns ddram
128meg of no name pc133 sdram
8.4 gig at 5400 rpm Western Digital hard drive
PCI 128 creative sound card
Win 98 second ed ta boot

Using NVmax as my tool. I over clocked my gf2 ultra from (defalt/over) core 250/270 and memory 458/470. Using 3dmark2001 my score actually decreased from 3000 to 2886. I think I've got enuff cooling : 2 exaust fans and a larg exuast fan over the gpu. What gives?

As I stand outside looking in. I wonder what the view is. But all I see is a reflection of my self.

G

Hmm I had a similar occurence when increasing my fsb from 133 up to 140 (AXIA @ 10 x 140= 1400) and my scores virtually halved believe it or not!
I found the 12.41 drivers to be quite slow so I am still trying to find the best ones for my Ultra (6. xx of various flavours are rumoured to be good from what I have read on here).
I did get an increase overclocking my Ultra up to 280 core and 495 memory though but I can't understand why the drop occured when going to 140 fsb (presumably some power issue or AGP anomally?).
What is your i/o voltage currently at because it might just be that the card wants a little more juice - I used to run the same board as you and always had the i/o voltage above default (3.7 volt usually if I recall).
All this is assuming you changed nothing other than the GPU/memory speeds on the video card like drivers or whatever in the meantime.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Obviously you don't read. ALMOST EVERYONE is reporting problems with the 12.41 drivers on ANY version of the GeForce2. Go back to the 6.31 drivers, these are the best and most stable. Then set your core at STOCK speed and start overclocking the RAM ONLY. The biggest bottleneck on the Geforce series is RAM always has been. When you get theram so high you start to see artifacts in 3D Mark, back it down 10MHz. Then start overclocking the core. Overclocking the core makes very little difference, BTW, so that last step is optional.

Oh, and I believe that Coolbits is the best method for overclocking. I enable it with GeForce Tweak.

Cast not thine pearls before the swine

G

You must be bottlenecked somewhere... I think its your RAM. My score was 3,840 with a eVGA Geforce2Ultra. This was actually 60 slower than par. Your getting 3,000?... My CPU is 1.33 Athlon 266FSB and 256 DDR memory. Im guessing the memory is causing it. Overclocking even by one Mhz can make your system slow to a crawl

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
I have problems with the 12.41 drivers as well. Except I have a GeForce 3! It runs slower than it did w/ the original first drivers! Any opinions?

When I rule the world, Apple will only mean the fruit.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
and guess what? there are now 14.20's floating about now.
personally i tried them and they were very flakey for me.

"i love the smell of Overclocking in the morning!" Says my Hamster.

G

Try Asus here <A HREF="http://www.asus.com.tw/Products/Addon/Vga/asuse/enthusiast_drv.htm" target="_new">http://www.asus.com.tw/Products/Addon/Vga/asuse/enthusiast_drv.htm</A>

I have been using 12.60's they work fine.
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by scotty3303 on 07/23/01 10:40 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

TRENDING THREADS