Local Dos Printing

I have an XP workstation that needs to print to LPT1: from DOS.

I type

net use lpt1: \\server\queue

and then type dir > lpt1: - Prints OK.

However, they then want to print to a local printer, so I install the
driver and share, and then type

net use lpt1: \\localpc\queue

and then type dir > lpt1: - Nothing ever prints, and the print job
keeps respooling itself.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Many thanks,

Chris.

( Sorry, didn't realise I'd posted this twice - 2 messages higher).

Did you work through Bruce Sanderson's article at
http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/printfromdos.htm
--
Cari
www.coribright.com