Action Printer 5000 - Driver Problem ?

July 22, 2004 3:27:03 PM

Im using XP Profesional edition and I have a problems printing in a Epson Action Printer 5000 (analogous to LQ 570)

The printed documents (any type, *.doc, *.xls, *.bmp, *.html) in some printed rows, the complete line (all characters) is "cut", the some random blank lines are printed, then the printing continues with missing line part and the following lines.
But no problem if the text document are printed page by page...

Will be a driver problem ? The same document printed in the same printer but using Win 98 works fine

Leo
July 22, 2004 9:46:07 PM

As an old Epson dot matrix user. I'd try--
Changing the parallel printer port in Bios and in windows to SPP instead of
the default ECP/EPP mode. This usually slows things down a little bit, and
uses a different form of handshaking. More often than not, this solves the
problem.
Normally, changing the BIOS setting will cause windows to load and configure
the correct parallel port driver.

"Leo" <Leo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Im using XP Profesional edition and I have a problems printing in a Epson
> Action Printer 5000 (analogous to LQ 570)
>
> The printed documents (any type, *.doc, *.xls, *.bmp, *.html) in some
> printed rows, the complete line (all characters) is "cut", the some random
> blank lines are printed, then the printing continues with missing line
> part and the following lines.
> But no problem if the text document are printed page by page...
>
> Will be a driver problem ? The same document printed in the same printer
> but using Win 98 works fine
>
> Leo

---
Outgoing mail is AVG certified Virus Free.