Eliza

Distinguished
May 1, 2004

I recently installed Windows XP Fax. I am using a 56K
fax modem. When the fax rings, it wil answer, but the
fax will not come through. The exact prompt it gives
is "An error occurred while receiving the fax". This
happens every time. I have both options to print and to
save it in a file checked. I have tried just about
everything. Help! Email me as I don't check this board
very often. Thanks so much for any help anyone may be
able to give me.
Eliza

If you are getting this issue very often then issue could be with your
modem. Check if your modem is fax compatible.

Here is the list of microsoft certified modems,

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/catalog/default.aspx?subid=22&xslt=categoryl2&pgn=01a642fd-2790-420f-90bd-85df6a377206

--
Loganatr [MSFT]
purposes only.'