  • Xerox
  • Printers
  • Windows XP
July 22, 2004 6:15:04 PM

I have installed a Xerox 8400dp printer. The printer driver is PostScript. The printer works fine on system. When I back up the printers setting using the Print Migrator tool, it appears to work fine. Upon using the tool to restore however it errors out with the following:

2004:07:22 11:55:46 Driver "Xerox Phaser 8400DP PS": the file xrx8400.cab is missing from the CAB
2004:07:22 11:55:54 Bad version 3 driver: Xerox Phaser 8400DP PS
2004:07:22 11:55:54 winerror.h - 2

After the restore is complete the printer does not show up in the list of printers.

Prior to backing up, I look under the Drivers Folder and the xrx8400.cab file is there. Apparently from the Print Migrate tool log, it is in the "dependent driver list as shown below.

Dependent files
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\xrx8400.cab

However, when i look at the log where it supposed to be including files in the .cab file, I do not see the file being included.

When the print Migrator tool backs up to the .cab file I suppose that files with .cab can not be included within another .cab file? is this the issue?....

I don't think this file is required since during the installation thereof, because it extracts the contents of this xrx8400.cab file into another folder. If so how do I remove the dependency string from the registry so I won't get the error when restoring.

More about : print migrate tool errors

Anonymous
July 26, 2004 8:22:31 PM

Yes PrintMig ignores cab file extensions. You can manually add this file to
the cab.

The reg value is probably under
HKLM\system\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Windows NT
x86\drivers\Version-3\Xerox Phaser 8400DP PS\Dependent Files
--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team