DVD+R drive

Last response: in Computer Brands
November 1, 2004 4:16:34 AM

Can a DVD+R/DVD+-RW drive read a DVD-R disk?

-
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze8adrh/news.html (profile) --Tim923 My email is valid.

More about : dvd drive

Anonymous
November 1, 2004 4:16:35 AM

Yes, and this is a Compaq newsgroup, stop asking off topic questions.

"Tim923" <juggler923@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Can a DVD+R/DVD+-RW drive read a DVD-R disk?
>
> -
> http://mysite.verizon.net/vze8adrh/news.html (profile) --Tim923 My email
is valid.
Anonymous
November 1, 2004 9:12:37 AM

Why is this off-topic? Maybe it is in a Compaq?

Tom
"XcitableBoi" <hardtohandle@hot##SOmail.com> wrote in message
> Yes, and this is a Compaq newsgroup, stop asking off topic questions.
>
> "Tim923" <juggler923@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> Can a DVD+R/DVD+-RW drive read a DVD-R disk?
>>
>> -
>> http://mysite.verizon.net/vze8adrh/news.html (profile) --Tim923 My email
> is valid.

Related resources
November 1, 2004 10:29:17 AM

Tom,
Sounds like the guy is too "Xciteable" ;8=)
HH

> Why is this off-topic? Maybe it is in a Compaq?
>
> Tom
> "XcitableBoi" <hardtohandle@hot##SOmail.com> wrote in message
>> Yes, and this is a Compaq newsgroup, stop asking off topic questions.
>>
>> "Tim923" <juggler923@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>> Can a DVD+R/DVD+-RW drive read a DVD-R disk?
>>>
>>> -
>>> http://mysite.verizon.net/vze8adrh/news.html (profile) --Tim923 My email
>> is valid.

Anonymous
November 1, 2004 3:17:15 PM

>Yes, and this is a Compaq newsgroup, stop asking off topic questions.

It was a drive in a Compaq Presario computer I was asking about.

-
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze8adrh/news.html (profile) --Tim923 My email is valid.
Anonymous
November 2, 2004 4:47:59 PM

I'm not sure what drive to get for the Compaq Presario. A drive that
can burn and read all +/- R/RW formats seems safe, but is it worth the
extra price.

-
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze8adrh/news.html (profile) --Tim923 My email is valid.
Anonymous
November 2, 2004 4:48:00 PM

Tim923 wrote:
> I'm not sure what drive to get for the Compaq Presario. A drive that
> can burn and read all +/- R/RW formats seems safe, but is it worth the
> extra price.
>
> -
> http://mysite.verizon.net/vze8adrh/news.html (profile) --Tim923 My
> email is valid.

Check this review from Anandtech:
http://www.anandtech.com/storage/showdoc.aspx?i=2260 NEC and LiteOn are
their drives of choice (this focuses on dual-layer drives)

November 3, 2004 12:47:31 AM

> I'm not sure what drive to get for the Compaq Presario. A drive that
> can burn and read all +/- R/RW formats seems safe, but is it worth the
> extra price.
>
> -
> http://mysite.verizon.net/vze8adrh/news.html (profile) --Tim923 My email
is valid.

I just fitted an LG Super-Multi GSA-4120B dual-layer +/-R +/-RW RAM drive to
my Compaq Presario 5000 (5WV254) and it works a treat!

--
Regds,

Russell W. B.
http://www.huttonrow.co.uk

Please replace appropriate text with punctuation when replying by Email!
!