DVD+R drive

Can a DVD+R/DVD+-RW drive read a DVD-R disk?

-
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze8adrh/news.html (profile) --Tim923 My email is valid.
7 answers Last reply
More about drive

    Yes, and this is a Compaq newsgroup, stop asking off topic questions.

    "Tim923" <juggler923@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > Can a DVD+R/DVD+-RW drive read a DVD-R disk?
    >
    > -
    > http://mysite.verizon.net/vze8adrh/news.html (profile) --Tim923 My email
    is valid.

    Why is this off-topic? Maybe it is in a Compaq?

    Tom
    "XcitableBoi" <hardtohandle@hot##SOmail.com> wrote in message
    > Yes, and this is a Compaq newsgroup, stop asking off topic questions.
    >
    > "Tim923" <juggler923@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >> Can a DVD+R/DVD+-RW drive read a DVD-R disk?
    >>
    >> -
    >> http://mysite.verizon.net/vze8adrh/news.html (profile) --Tim923 My email
    > is valid.

    Tom,
    Sounds like the guy is too "Xciteable" ;8=)
    HH

    > Why is this off-topic? Maybe it is in a Compaq?
    >
    > Tom
    > "XcitableBoi" <hardtohandle@hot##SOmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Yes, and this is a Compaq newsgroup, stop asking off topic questions.
    >>
    >> "Tim923" <juggler923@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >>> Can a DVD+R/DVD+-RW drive read a DVD-R disk?
    >>>
    >>> -
    >>> http://mysite.verizon.net/vze8adrh/news.html (profile) --Tim923 My email
    >> is valid.

    >Yes, and this is a Compaq newsgroup, stop asking off topic questions.

    It was a drive in a Compaq Presario computer I was asking about.

    -
    http://mysite.verizon.net/vze8adrh/news.html (profile) --Tim923 My email is valid.

    I'm not sure what drive to get for the Compaq Presario. A drive that
    can burn and read all +/- R/RW formats seems safe, but is it worth the
    extra price.

    -
    http://mysite.verizon.net/vze8adrh/news.html (profile) --Tim923 My email is valid.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

    Tim923 wrote:
    > I'm not sure what drive to get for the Compaq Presario. A drive that
    > can burn and read all +/- R/RW formats seems safe, but is it worth the
    > extra price.
    >
    > -
    > http://mysite.verizon.net/vze8adrh/news.html (profile) --Tim923 My
    > email is valid.

    Check this review from Anandtech:
    http://www.anandtech.com/storage/showdoc.aspx?i=2260 NEC and LiteOn are
    their drives of choice (this focuses on dual-layer drives)

  7. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

    > I'm not sure what drive to get for the Compaq Presario. A drive that
    > can burn and read all +/- R/RW formats seems safe, but is it worth the
    > extra price.
    >
    > -
    > http://mysite.verizon.net/vze8adrh/news.html (profile) --Tim923 My email
    is valid.

    I just fitted an LG Super-Multi GSA-4120B dual-layer +/-R +/-RW RAM drive to
    my Compaq Presario 5000 (5WV254) and it works a treat!

    --
    Regds,

    Russell W. B.
    http://www.huttonrow.co.uk

    Please replace appropriate text with punctuation when replying by Email!

Compaq DVD Writers Email Computers Product