Divide by zero error on printer access 0xC0000094

Error description: PC with XP Home-Edition cannot print to
a configured printer.

Error message (german GUI): 'Ausnahmecode 0xC0000094'

I know that this is a 'divide by zero' error.

It does not matter whether the printer is connected localy
(parallel port) or
is configured as a network printer if connected to another
machine in the network.

Details:
Let PC1, PC2 and S1 be machines with XP Home-Edition installed.
The printer OKI B4200 (PCL) is connected localy to server S1.
Printing to the OKI B4200 from S1 and from PC2 (via
network) is working without problems.

However, PC1 cannot print to this printer. The printer is
configured as network
printer at PC1 the same way it is configured on PC2.

Facts:
- The printer on S1 is shared to all machines in the LAN
- PC1 is able to access other network ressources like
drives on S1
==> basic network connection is ok
- PC1 is able to print on network printers connected to S1
which are different from the OKI B4200
==> general printing machinery on PC1 is OK
PC1 has only problems with printing to this particular
printer.
- It does not help to delete the printer configuration on
PC1 and configure them again.
==> I suppose that the printer drivers installed on PC1
are ok
- Any access from PC1 to the printer OKI B4200 yields an
error code 0xC0000094
E.g. the error message occurs if I click on the
'properties' tab of the printer.
- Other PCs (e.g. PC2) can print without problems to this
printer
==> the printer has no defect
==> the sharing on server S1 is correct (there is no
client specific sharing)
- If I connect the printer localy to PC1 I get the same
error message!!
I installed and deleted the drivers for several times.
Sometimes I got 'divide by zero' error even dring the
installation of the driver
==> This is not a network problem.

Questions:
1) can I somehow raise the log-level in the event logs to
get more output
2) can I trace the printer driver to find out what causes
the 0xC0000094 error code
3) Is it possible that I corrupted some system files at PC1?
If I connect some old printer (matrix printer) printing
is no problem on PC1
Only printing to the sophisticated OKI B4200 yields an
error code 0xC0000094

Perhaps some font database is corrupted that is only
consulted when printing to the OKI B4200
and is not needed when printing to an old matrix printer.

Check to see if this is applicable:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=831144
http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/downloads/updates/sptechpreview/content10sp3.aspx

Tom