Ref 3/22/05 update

I have read somewhere that this update (merger of servers) we will lose any
character not played for 3 months, does this mean by login each character
once they will not be lost - or do I have to actually have to have a certain
level or play time??

Frinka wrote:
> "Bjarke Andersen" <bjoeg@*spammer*bjoeg.dk> wrote in message
> > Graeme Faelban <RichardRapier@netscape.net> crashed Echelon writing
> >
> >> All characters under level 5 or 4 were to be deleted upon the
merger of
> >> the Zek servers, if the characters had not been logged in for the
past 3
> >> months (I think it was 3). Not sure if they actually did that, I
have
> >> not checked on my level 4 druid that used to be on Sullon Zek.
> >
> > Hmmm wonder how many traders who exist under that number.
> >

> Is the original sentence an "and" or "or" statement? In other words:
"All
> characters under level 5 or 4 AND not logged in for the past 3
months..."
> If so, most traders would be safe. If not, then, well, I'd be
upset!!! I
> have no idea how I'd save the stuff on my trader in that case.

My understanding was that all characters under level 10 that had not
been played in the past 6 months would be deleted. Assuming you are
still playing, your trader will be safe.

Game on,

The Oneiromancer

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 13:04:58 +0000 (UTC) in
<d19atq$ekr$1@sparta.btinternet.com>, "sesrin" <sesrin@spam.com>
graced the world with this thought:

>I have read somewhere that this update (merger of servers) we will lose any
>character not played for 3 months, does this mean by login each character
>once they will not be lost - or do I have to actually have to have a certain
>level or play time??

unless you read it on Sony's website, don't bother being concerned.
After nearly six years of not deleting characters, they'll make it
well known before they do anything like that.

bizbee <tuberoo@earthlink.net> crashed Echelon writing

> unless you read it on Sony's website, don't bother being concerned.
> After nearly six years of not deleting characters, they'll make it
> well known before they do anything like that.

http://shor.ter.dk/665377238 ->

http://help.station.sony.com/cgi-
bin/soe.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=15401&p_created=1109209715&p_si
d=W-
Tk1yAh&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfcm93X2NudD04
NzQ5JnBfcHJvZHM9JnBfY2F0cz0mcF9wdj0mcF9jdj0mcF9wYWdlPTE*&p_li=&p_topview=1

--
Bjarke Andersen
Wanna reply by email? Remove the spammer in address

bizbee <tuberoo@earthlink.net> wrote in

> On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 13:04:58 +0000 (UTC) in
> <d19atq$ekr$1@sparta.btinternet.com>, "sesrin" <sesrin@spam.com>
> graced the world with this thought:
>
>>I have read somewhere that this update (merger of servers) we will
>>lose any character not played for 3 months, does this mean by login
>>each character once they will not be lost - or do I have to actually
>>have to have a certain level or play time??
>>
> unless you read it on Sony's website, don't bother being concerned.
> After nearly six years of not deleting characters, they'll make it
> well known before they do anything like that.

WHich they did make known ahead of time for the Zek merger...

All characters under level 5 or 4 were to be deleted upon the merger of
the Zek servers, if the characters had not been logged in for the past 3
months (I think it was 3). Not sure if they actually did that, I have
not checked on my level 4 druid that used to be on Sullon Zek.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 28 Dwarven Mystic, 23 Sage
Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 29 Provisioner

"Frinka" <drano@spam.dlmcclurenospam.com> wrote in

> "Bjarke Andersen" <bjoeg@*spammer*bjoeg.dk> wrote in message
>> Graeme Faelban <RichardRapier@netscape.net> crashed Echelon writing
>>
>>> All characters under level 5 or 4 were to be deleted upon the merger
>>> of the Zek servers, if the characters had not been logged in for the
>>> past 3 months (I think it was 3). Not sure if they actually did
>>> that, I have not checked on my level 4 druid that used to be on
>>> Sullon Zek.
>>
>> Hmmm wonder how many traders who exist under that number.
>>

> Is the original sentence an "and" or "or" statement? In other words:
> "All characters under level 5 or 4 AND not logged in for the past 3
> months..." If so, most traders would be safe. If not, then, well, I'd
> be upset!!! I have no idea how I'd save the stuff on my trader in
> that case.

And.

--

"Graeme Faelban" <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in message
> "Frinka" <drano@spam.dlmcclurenospam.com> wrote in
>
>> "Bjarke Andersen" <bjoeg@*spammer*bjoeg.dk> wrote in message
>>> Graeme Faelban <RichardRapier@netscape.net> crashed Echelon writing

>>> Hmmm wonder how many traders who exist under that number.
>>>

>> Is the original sentence an "and" or "or" statement? In other words:
>> "All characters under level 5 or 4 AND not logged in for the past 3
>> months..." If so, most traders would be safe. If not, then, well, I'd
>> be upset!!! I have no idea how I'd save the stuff on my trader in
>> that case.
>>

> And.

Now of course when I think about it for more than two seconds, it'd have to
be that way.... couldn't delete all the REAL new characters people just
created. Guess it goes to show that I'm not used to running into many real
new characters lately.