Cannot create a new tcp/ip printing port

After some critical patch 2-3 weeks ago a printing
problem occurred on both a Windows 2000 and XP box where
I could not longer access the Properties of my printers
and I cannot add a new simple tcp/ip port for a new
printer. Has anyone else had this issue and found a
solution for it?

Thanks,
Steve
1 answer Last reply
More about cannot create printing port

    You need to clean out the \windows\ directory when other applications place
    system files there. I am not sure it this will impact the application
    workings.

    try sfc /scannow first. If that does not help follow the KB steps.
    printui, setupapi, wsnmp are the primary culprits I have seen in the past.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;271248
    Add Printer Wizard Does Not Work and Previously Installed Printers Are Not
    Displayed

    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    "Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > After some critical patch 2-3 weeks ago a printing
    > problem occurred on both a Windows 2000 and XP box where
    > I could not longer access the Properties of my printers
    > and I cannot add a new simple tcp/ip port for a new
    > printer. Has anyone else had this issue and found a
    > solution for it?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Steve

TCP/IP Printers Windows XP