Local Printer Error 61

I had a network printer that my XP Pro could print fine,
switched two different printers to the XP Pro to print
locally and keep getting printer queue message that
printer is out of paper. Event log error #61: "The
document name.txt - Notepad owned by Steven Hord failed to
print. Win32 error code returned by the print processor:
63 (0x3f)." Does anyone know what might cause this?

Thanks in advance,
3 answers Last reply
More about local printer error

    Cautionary note: I have little experience dealing with network printers.

    Has SP1 been applied to Windows XP? If not, doing so might cure the problem.

    I would check to assure that every reference to the two printers as network
    printers has been deleted and that the printer is now properly installed as
    local to the box to which they now connect.

    These articles might help but not exactly on-point.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810647
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;838172

    Tom
    MSMVP-DTS

    "Steve Hord" <steven.hord@netos.com> wrote in message
    >I had a network printer that my XP Pro could print fine,
    > switched two different printers to the XP Pro to print
    > locally and keep getting printer queue message that
    > printer is out of paper. Event log error #61: "The
    > document name.txt - Notepad owned by Steven Hord failed to
    > print. Win32 error code returned by the print processor:
    > 63 (0x3f)." Does anyone know what might cause this?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,

    Yeah, I have installed SP1 already. I have made doubly
    sure that both of the printers are attached "locally";
    however I do not know what, if anything could still be
    referencing or pointing to the old network printer setup.
    Could it be a .dll or .inf file?

    Thanks again,

    us;810647
    us;838172

    >Tom
    >MSMVP-DTS
    >

    >"Steve Hord" <steven.hord@netos.com> wrote in message
    >>I had a network printer that my XP Pro could print fine,
    >> switched two different printers to the XP Pro to print
    >> locally and keep getting printer queue message that
    >> printer is out of paper. Event log error #61: "The
    >> document name.txt - Notepad owned by Steven Hord failed
    >> print. Win32 error code returned by the print processor:
    >> 63 (0x3f)." Does anyone know what might cause this?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance,
    >>

    >.

    Sorry I could not help more. Consider posting the question to one of the
    networking newsgroups.

    > Yeah, I have installed SP1 already. I have made doubly
    > sure that both of the printers are attached "locally";
    > however I do not know what, if anything could still be
    > referencing or pointing to the old network printer setup.
    > Could it be a .dll or .inf file?
    >
    > Thanks again,

Printers Network Printer Windows XP