Abit KT7 Raid won't do any .5 multipliers! ??

G

Anybody knows how this can happen?

it worked before, but now it will only do x8, x9 and x10 and so on, but not x8.5, x9.5 or x10.5! I already tried other FSB speeds because i thought that that would be the problem..
Could the L1 bridges -pencil trick- be broken? I hope not because it is a hell of a job to remove the cooler and stuff... i have to take apart half my system...

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
I'd have said that if the L1's arent unlocked anymore, then no multiplier change would have been possible, however I have heard in the past of the pencil marks wearing off (dont know how but aparantly they do) and causing only CERTAIN multipliers to be set.

Next time you wave - use all your fingers

G

So i guess i'd have to take my system apart and draw those little lines again...
You see, i can't get the Alpha heatsink on or off the cpu without removing the mobo-rack from my asus case first, because the power supply blocks my pliers to lift the handle of the heatsink clip.

But hey, i am pushing my Athlon 800 to 1100 now, with 110x10 and it seems to work, so perhaps i don't need the .5 multipliers anymore.. But when i do need them, i'll draw some new lines on it.

Thanks for the tip!

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
Yeah, sounds like the lead wore off.
Next time you draw your lines, <i>really</i> rub it on there.

<font color=blue>Your mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take affect. Restart Now?[OK]</font color=blue>

peach

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
<font color=blue>Yes, for sure, if you cross some of the jumpers (say with your thermal grease)- selective mulipliers will be availiable. I suggest rather than conductive paint, a fine soft lead - like 0.3mm 2B. Not that conductive paint's bad - just lead is cheaper and less permanent.

:cool: <i><font color=blue>on company time....</i>

G

What kind of pencil would be the best? the soft greasy kind or the hard powdery kind? 4B, 2B, HB, 2H ?

I read different opinions about this you see...

peach

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
<font color=blue>Softer equals more graphite content, therefore better conductivity. However, 4 is so soft, it is hard to make the small mark on the L1 bridges. 2H is plenty hard enough to be accurate, but also has good conductivity. The harder leads (2H) write really well (as in, on paper) but really aren't the best suited for connecting bridges on a CPU. Not that they might not work - but then they might create problems, too, like the one you're having.

:cool: <i><font color=blue>on company time....</i>