Windows XP Fax Service pretends to install

Tags:
  • Fax
  • Components
  • Windows XP
July 24, 2004 2:36:02 AM

I cannot get the XP fax service to install. I go to control panel, add/remove programs, select the add/remove windows components, check the 'fax services' check box. It *appears* to install, with lots of activity and such. Then it gives me the "You have successfully completed the windows component wizard", and I click 'finish'.

BUT! :)

It's not installed anywhere, can't see it, cant select it...restart? Nope, still not there..

Repeating the process gives me the same result. Please help if you can. And yes, I have a fax modem. Yes, I followed the KB instructions to the letter. Thanks in advance.

More about : windows fax service pretends install

Anonymous
July 24, 2004 8:32:03 AM

Look at your faxsetup.log for clues.
--