Good Solo-Computer games?

Youngmind

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
I enjoyed playing games such as those from Spiderweb Software, the Half-Life Series, COD: Black Ops, Binding of Isaac, Deus Ex: HR, Diablo 2 to an extent, Knights of the Old Republic, and some other rpg games. However, I also played games such as Vampire Bloodlines: Masquerades, which I did not like; I am not into scary games. Does anybody have recommendations of games that have relatively modern graphics and engaging game-play? I have a Radeon HD 4670 and a AMD Athlon X2 4450E.

Edit: I remember that I played Skyrim, Oblivion, Titan Quest, Torchlight, and Fallout 3 (not New Vegas).

Youngmind

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
I don't really prefer either shooter games over rpg games as long as the game I play has some mix of game play and story, although I tend to become disinterested quicker if there isn't a solid story behind the game such as Binding of Isaac.

Edit: I'll start with Hitman: Blood Money. Please feel free to keep suggesting games that I can play on my out-dated computer :D.

geekintel

Honorable
May 20, 2012

He could, but he'll have more fun playing Oblivion, no doubt. Skyrim has a rubbish story.

jtl2901

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2010
Do yourself a favor, play the Mass Effect series, it's amazing. Great mix of gameplay and action, but a GREAT story line and dialogue. It'll keep you interested, entertained and happy for dozens if not hundreds of hours.

joedastudd

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2007
Witcher series
STALKER series (ok some parts can be a little scary)
Hitman series
Total war series (RTS's but very good and enjoyable ones)
Bioshock series (preferred the 1st personally)