Printing to (home) network printer causes crash

July 24, 2004 5:28:30 PM

I have a home network consisting of a desktop PC and a
laptop, connected wirelessly via 802.11b. I have no
problems opening/saving files to or from either computer.

My physical printer, a Minolta Magicolor 2350EN, is
connected to the desktop. I'm able to install it on the
laptop using the "Add New Printer" wizard; it copied
the .INF file and whatever else it needed.

But whenever I select this printer in the print dialog of
any program, that program crashes and "needs to close."
I don't get as far as printing; just selecting it in the
drop-down causes the crash.

When I right-click on this printer and select Properties,
I get the following error dialog:
-------------
Function address 0x500055ee caused a protection fault.
(exception code 0x0000005) Some or all property page(s)
may not be displayed.
-------------
Then nothing happens. Printer properties don't open,
nothing.

I've removed & reinstalled many times now, and tried
printing from a number of programs, including Word,
Excel, and Adobe Acrobat (PDF) among others -- all of
them crash when I select this printer.

The desktop PC prints to the printer with no problem.

Any suggestions or guidance will be most appreciated.
Thank you!
Anonymous
July 25, 2004 11:32:40 AM

Do you have the latest drivers from Minolta? There are utilities too.
http://www.qms.com/support/current_printers/mc2350_sup....

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Brett" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a home network consisting of a desktop PC and a
> laptop, connected wirelessly via 802.11b. I have no
> problems opening/saving files to or from either computer.
>
> My physical printer, a Minolta Magicolor 2350EN, is
> connected to the desktop. I'm able to install it on the
> laptop using the "Add New Printer" wizard; it copied
> the .INF file and whatever else it needed.
>
> But whenever I select this printer in the print dialog of
> any program, that program crashes and "needs to close."
> I don't get as far as printing; just selecting it in the
> drop-down causes the crash.
>
> When I right-click on this printer and select Properties,
> I get the following error dialog:
> -------------
> Function address 0x500055ee caused a protection fault.
> (exception code 0x0000005) Some or all property page(s)
> may not be displayed.
> -------------
> Then nothing happens. Printer properties don't open,
> nothing.
>
> I've removed & reinstalled many times now, and tried
> printing from a number of programs, including Word,
> Excel, and Adobe Acrobat (PDF) among others -- all of
> them crash when I select this printer.
>
> The desktop PC prints to the printer with no problem.
>
> Any suggestions or guidance will be most appreciated.
> Thank you!
Anonymous
July 26, 2004 6:48:30 PM

The driver is causing memory corruption in the application.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

!