Sound and video drivers for Presario 1700T for win98SE

I am looking for sound and video drivers for a 1700T Presario for
win98se. The page for the sound drivers gives me a message that the
page can't be found.

Perhaps some one knows where I could pick up a cd of 98SE drivers for
that?

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about sound video drivers presario 1700t win98se

    What OS did the laptop ship with?
    HH

    On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 07:20:00 -0500, "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >What OS did the laptop ship with?
    >HH
    >
    >"Tyvek Homewrap" <homewrap@newguy.com> wrote in message
    >>I am looking for sound and video drivers for a 1700T Presario for
    >> win98se. The page for the sound drivers gives me a message that the
    >> page can't be found.
    >>
    >> Perhaps some one knows where I could pick up a cd of 98SE drivers for
    >> that?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    It has an winME tag on the bottom of it, but it also has a winXP home
    edition tag, and that is what was on it when I bought it used. I'm not
    sure why that matters?

    I have put win98 on it because I like that, and because I am using
    netbui on my home network, and it is so darned easy to set up.

    When I bought it, I used Partition Magic 8 to create a new partition
    and then installed 98SE on that partition. I then loaded Boot Magic
    and now toggle between XP and 98 at start up.

    The ppl who sold me the puter were able to find the NIC and modem
    drivers, but could not find the right sound driver, and the video
    driver that they found did not work. I changed the monitor to
    1027x768, but I was still stuck with 16 colors.

    I hope that answers all your questions. Just curious, but why does it
    matter what OS came with it, when I am looking for win 98SE drivers?

Compaq Drivers Presario Video Computers