BF3 lags heavily

Krishnas096

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012
Hey guys.. i have heard abt u all guys.. plz help me..
I am running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and my specs are as follows:-
Motherboard- Foxconn H55MXV-AH
Ram- 6 gb
Processor- intel core i3-530
Graphics- Asus ENGTX 560Ti Direct CUII
What the hell is happening i dont know whether its my Hardware problem or some sort of softwares. but it lags too much and i am forced to close the game as it cant be played in that situation(10-12 FPS,u can imagine!!).
Although formatting my PC didnt helped and game's fps dropped to 15-20 on newly installed windows too..
Previously when i had issues i tried removing my RAM's and Reinserting 'em again and it was fixed but this time i tried everything:
Removing and reinserting rams..!!
Formatted my windows..!!
ran a memory test from BOOT menu..
updated my drivers..
earlier i was having a smooth gameplay and my fps were 59-60 on high settings but now i can barely manage 35 fps on low settings.. Plz guys help me outta my prob.. thanks!!

Krishnas096

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012
i reverted to 296.xx back but lags are still there..Only kaspersky internet security is running in background.. my cpu utilization shows 100%.. and 1 more thing when i overclock my gpu using asus samrtdoctor the games lags are reduced but when i minimize the game my aero theme is gone.. why is it so? it didnt happens when i run the game widout overclocking the gpu..!!

fantastik250

Distinguished
The aero theme problem happened to me too. You may want to disable aero theme and desktop composition by Start -> Right-click Computer -> Advanced System Settings -> Advanced tab -> Performance settings -> uncheck/untick Aero peek and desktop composition.

If you had overclocked your GPU before raising it again, try default stock clocks and see if it the lag occurs. Turn off anti-virus. Battlefield 3 is both heavily utilizes CPU and GPU resources.

chances are its down to the cpu. you need 4 real cores to run the 64 player maps without it impacting on the gpu frame rates. so my guess is the system is unbalanced with a budget cpu and a midrange gfx card. as your cpu supports 4 threads you may just get away with over clocking but it will have to be a healthy 1 near 4.ghz if its the cpu's fault...
if you have decent cooling try 3.5ish ghz (you should manage that on stock volts) if some of the fps stutter clears up then you have an idea of how well another 500mhz will impact performance.

you should also try adjusting bcdedit. open the cmd but you must run it as administrator and type bcdedit /set increaseuserva 2500 hit return, then reboot the machine.

lastly http://bf3.realmware.co.uk/settings-editor/downloads try this... 1s you save the user.cfg file open it and make sure theres no double entries.
it sometimes adds rather than replaces.

Krishnas096

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012

i will do dat and let u know thax.!!

when you run the config maker. turn off the dx11 features. you wont notice much of a difference visually but your fps should increase... same with shadows. leave em on but reduce them to 1024 or 512 and set em to low... again it will give a bump in the fps...
use ssao rather than hbao if you want to use ambient occlusion personally i dont bother with either when playing multiplayer...
personally i run at minimum settings with high textures@1920/1080 to get a solid 60fps i also lock off my max fps to 60 so i dont get any drops from 100+ to 60 as this can be just as off putting as running at 60 fps max and drooping to 30...

why 60? coz bf3 uses 60 data packets so you will sync every frame with every data packet which gives super smooth fps and accurate player placement.

Krishnas096

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012

dude the temp i told u is shown in gamebooster's interface while playing bf3.. and ya i have 2 extra fans attached to my cabinet..!!

Krishnas096

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012

as i mentioned earlier i have reverted to 296.10 but with the prob still there..!!

find something that shows us your gpu temps on a graph, they respond really quickly to removing load

15mins of good and then drop sounds like heat.

Scrap that, look at your core temps 100+C on core? your cpu is too hot. Much too hot.