T-Bird 1.333 Hot ?

G

Sorry if this is a well worn question.

ASUS A7M266 motherboard with the T-Bird 1.33 and a StarTech Copper Base Aluminum Fins 7K rpm rated Ball Bearing fan.

The Latest ASUS Probe is installed.
It informs me the CPU runs 52-53deg C when using only WinMe and programs such as Paint Shop Pro and Word 97.
The motherboard is running 30-32deg C.

Any input from you knowledgable people as to my ignoring the 53deg C or replacing the cooler?

Thanks,
Barron

The old boy may down,but, surely not out :)

munkey

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2001
i was having similer issues with my asus mobo, until i downloaded MBM5. you can download it <A HREF="http://www.tweakfiles.com/diagnostic/motherboardmonitor.html" target="_new">here</A>

is this reality... i thought it would more realistic.

G

Extra case fans can help if they are set up right, cheap option but not necessarily the best option.

Just new @ everything!

G

Just downloaded and used the Mother Board Moniter 5.08 and then went to the Bios. The ASUS Probe, MBM and BIOS all agreed that the CPU was 50-51deg C,

Also hate the high pitch whine of the StarTech Copper Base Aluminum Fins 7K rpm rated Ball Bearing fan.

What about a different cooler and *quieter* fan??

The old boy may down,but, surely not out :)

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
Global Win FOP 32-1 uses a slower rated fan, so it should be quieter. It seems like a good performing HSF, as well.

<font color=blue>Your mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take affect. Restart Now?[OK]</font color=blue>

ahallada

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2001
I have the exact same setup and went to the Koolance water cooled system. CPU running at 32-35C consistently now with no loud fans. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.