adsl and fax?

I have an adsl broadband modem linked to my pc. It appears that I cannot use my pc for sending or receiving faxes, is this the case? I do not have a `normal` modem fitted to my m/c. Will the installation of one of these ( as well as my adsl ) fax modems enable me to use the fax function?
1 answer Last reply
More about adsl

    To fax over an ADSL modem, one sends the fax to an Internet fax service. The
    service then sends the fax to the recipient(s) for a fee.

    Yes, you can install a fax/modem, connect it to a telephone line and send
    faxes either through XP's fax client or one of other available
    clients.Before purchasing such a fax/modem, do check to be sure it is XP
    compatible.

    Tom
    MSMVP-DTS

    >I have an adsl broadband modem linked to my pc. It appears that I cannot
    >use my pc for sending or receiving faxes, is this the case? I do not have a
    >`normal` modem fitted to my m/c. Will the installation of one of these ( as
    >well as my adsl ) fax modems enable me to use the fax function?

Broadband Fax Modem Microsoft Windows XP