Noisey T-Bird Cooler

G

My StarTech Copper Base Aluminum Fins 7K rpm rated Ball Bearing fan is one *loud* fan.

Too go along with the last post about My hot T-bird how about a quieter but efficient cooler setup?

Thanks guys.

The old boy may down,but, surely not out :)

G

Well you could buy a Rehostat for your current fan to slow down the fan..making it less noisy. Of course it won't cool as well either. You could also try a YS Tech 26CFM fan (its the on on the globalwin fop32) Its not as loud and blows more air than the typical stock fan..however it will also not have the same cooling power.

There are various cooling solutions out there though. First off(not reading the other post) make sure you have good enough case cooling. Do you have enough airflow? If not then you can crank that up with quiter fans and perhaps go to a quiter CPU fan.
If you take your side case off and stick a common household fan blowing into the case..thats probably the best temp you are going to get with good airflow through the case. If you see like a 5 degree drop or more..then you need to improve the case cooling.

"<font color=blue>An illegal exception has occured! Press any key to reboot.</font color=blue>"

G

Thank you for your reply. :)

I have two case fans and a Cyclone Blower sitting below the GForce 3 ASUS card.

Motherboard temp using MBM 5.08/ASUS Probe & BIOS check
indicate MB runs between 27-32deg C depending upon room temp.The CPU runs between 47-53deg C.

Perhaps you or someone could point me to a Better CPU cooler that also incorporates a 4800 rpm fam?

It iis really the 7K speed fans high pitched whine that is bugging me to no end. :(

funkdog

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2001
The OCZ Gladiator looks like a decent cooler. Also Thermaltake is putting out case fans now and have a 31cfm 60mm fan rated at something like 28db. Crazy silent for the cfm, but not likely that quiet.

I think my next cooling solution will be a OCZ Gladiator with the new Thermaltake fan, seems like a decent cooling/silent performer.

<b>"These are my thoughts, your mileage may vary."

G

Thanks for your reply.

I can not seem to locate a URL that provides the spec's for the OCZ Gladiator. Went to thier site but the page for the OCZ Gladiator did not have the spec's you provide.

Could you point me in the right direction?

funkdog

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2001
www.so-trickcomputers.com has the thermaltake fan.

and www.theoverclockersstore.com has the Galdiotar heatsink.

G

Okay.
The Overclockersstore also indicates a OCZ copper spacer- Socket A- "Do not use with ORB coolers".

Would I need one of these as well as the OCZ Gladiator - Gold Clad Copper- cooler?

Also, This will be a FIRST for me so, where can I locate a How-To for the correct installation of the cooler?

jg38141

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
No the gladiator is fine on its own -I have one and LOVE it- and it is by far the easiest heatsink to install ever. I have like 6 heatsinks so I know. It's awsome and it cools great. Lap that sucker too.

My Jesus is whiter than your Jesus.

funkdog

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2001
Are you using the Delta fan? And what are you running for a proc? Temps, give use the vitals.

G

My present cooler is a StarTech Copper Base Aluminum Fins 7K rpm rated Ball Bearing fan. The fan is *not* a Delta.

MBM 5.08/ASUS Probe/ BIOS all show the Athlon 1.333 at 49-53deg C with using only windows and programs.
The MB temp runs 29-32deg C.

I only want to elimante the execessive fan whine. So am looking at purchasing the OCZ Gladiator - Gold Clad Copper-cooler.

But never having had to replace a heat sink and fan am some what hesitant. Need a good How-to to follow.

Where to find one?

Also what about paste or? between the CPU and heat sink?

jg38141, suggested lapping. I don't have the faintest how to lap anything or the equipment. :((