Bios Setting with PC133 Dimm

G

I have an Asus K7M motherboard with an AMD 900MHZ Athlon Thunderbird. I recently purchased a 256 Meg Dimm (PC133). Do I have to change the bus speed to match the faster Dimm? If so, what should I set the bios bus speed to? Or should I set the bios bus speed to [By Jumper] and use the jumper settings instead?

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
No, you do not have to change the FSB to match the RAM. But doing so will yeild a better and faster performing computer since you will actually be overclocking the CPU.

<font color=blue>Your mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take affect. Restart Now?[OK]</font color=blue>

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
Yes, you should set the FSB through the BIOS. I suggest using small increments of 2 or 3 when increasing the FSB to see what is the most stable setting. BTW--What is the brand of your RAM???

<font color=blue>Your mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take affect. Restart Now?[OK]</font color=blue>

G

My ram is from Crucial.

An Abit my Asus when I was Tyan to boot up.

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
Yeah, you should be able to overclock well by raising the FSB with your ram.