Bfbc2 bad lag

corymartin66

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012
hi i am having bad lag when i play bfbc2 and i don't think its mt hardware...i should be getting at least 40 fps constant but it will go from 20 fps to 50 fps and i have had new and old drivers installed and i cant understand why this is happening...i change the settings from low to high but the same lag is still there :fou:

my pc
GTX 550 ti oc to 975mhz
8gb of ram
480 watt psu
Amd athlon x3 440 processor 3.00 ghz no oc
windows 7 64bit

btw i can play crysis 1 with every thing on high at 720p with at least 30 fps so i should be able to play bfbc2 just fine

Benzh95

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012
try monitoring your system during play. hook up an extra monitor so u can use a system monitor during play. my guess would be hard drive. then if nothing is maxing out or acting wired than its probable not hardware related. u can get an idea from this tho.

DM186

Splendid
Are you checking your temp? If so with what program? What the brand of your PSU? Have you put the GPU back to normal un over clock it? Are your dirvers up to date? Get back to us with the answers and we will go from here.

RyQril

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
yes, i guess its the internet connection, the problem with BFBC2 that it uses UDP instead of TCP, that makes the ping and latency more high, and theres no tweak at all for UDP connections, for an example in the server list you can see a 100pings servers but when you get inside the ping goes from 100 to 160 and sometimes to 200, which makes it more difficult to play.

i was playing BFBC2 and i quit playing cuz of that :S..

DM186

Splendid
I have to agree with old recon-uk about the 550 Ti' because I have two of darn lousy things that they are. One the worst nVidias card that ever came out for the gamers. The 550 is a step up from a GTS 450.

Anyway please also let us know about the questions I had asked.

corymartin66

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012
drivers are all up to date and its an artic psu 480w and the gpu now has a 1ghz oc (and stable) my gpu temp is abought 40-45c on full load and my cpu has 3 cores with one core locked...dont know how to unlock it or even oc my cpu

DM186

Splendid
If everything is in the norms and that this is the only game you have problems then it is a patch or you might have to redown load the game or use compatibility mode.

If it is a Steam game then you will have to verify integrity of game cache. Is your GPU controlling the game settings or is it the game doing it? Has this just started or it's been going on since you bought the game?

bad company needs a quad core minimum. it chokes badly when a system is unbalanced with a top heavy gpu like yours is.
have gpu-z look at the gpu usage if its down at around 50% but no higher than 75% then your system is cpu bottlnecking this game... other games may well play fine but frostbite is very picky on the amount of threads it uses and what it uses them on...

a typical dual core for instance with 3.0 ghz will bottleneck a hd 4850. but on bfbc2 but it will play ok on a 3.0 athlon with a slightly less powerful 88gt, because the 88gt is a very good balance for that cpu. switch to a gtx 260 with the althon and the system will only use 50% and suffer harsh fps droop where you would spend most of the map down in the 5-10 fps area...
but put any of them cards in with a core 2 quad @2.4 or phenom x4 2.6 and the gpu usage shoots up to 95-100% because the engine can use 4 proper threads
a dual core cpu with hyper threading ie 4 threads will have the same bottleneck issue as a plain old dual core without hyper threading... it may also have something to do with the smaller caches on the amd cpu's

this is my and my clan mates experience of bfbc2 when it first came out in both beta and then the full release...

so my guess is its the game engine not liking anything less than a true quad core.

corymartin66

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012
gtx 260? really? bfbc2 is the only game that runs bad on my system.....metro 2033 runs on all high settings on 720p with at least 35+ fps and crysis1 runs maxed out at 30+ fps on 720p skyrim maxed out with 36-40 fps and 720p is has to be the game...it cant be my system

take the advice your given or dont. i dont care... please feel free to try another hardware forum and i guarantee your gonna get the same answer for bfbc2. metro doesnt run on the frostbite engine so doesnt suffer the same issue... does than make sense or am i talkin to the wall...

bhavdahl

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
Hello, I'm wondering what could be wrong if I've been playing this game for a couple years on the same machine and then now suddenly my lag is so bad that I get kicked. It starts out ok usually, but then degrades after a few minutes. In the past my ping was a little over 100, now it gets up above 700. This started about a week and a half ago.