Printing from Internet Disconnects my Dial-up

I am not very computer literate but here goes.

I have a dial-up connection, Windows XP Home Edition and a Cannon BC-256SP printer. When I try to print from a web site my dial up disconnects without warning as soon as the pages have finnished spooling. This also happens when I try to print out e-mails.

Any help would be appreciated.

Lee
8 answers Last reply
More about printing internet disconnects dial

    Check the interrupt the printer and modem are using by navigating to Control
    Panel System Hardware Device Manager View Resources by connection.

    Let us know.

    Tom
    MSMVP-DTS

    "xxx" <xxx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am not very computer literate but here goes.
    >
    > I have a dial-up connection, Windows XP Home Edition and a Cannon BC-256SP
    > printer. When I try to print from a web site my dial up disconnects
    > without warning as soon as the pages have finnished spooling. This also
    > happens when I try to print out e-mails.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > Lee

    Tom

    Thanks for replying. I think I found what you meant. I think my printer is Com1 and the port speed is 9600 bits per second and the max port speed for Modem is 115200. Is this right?

    Lee

    "Thomas Ferguson" wrote:

    > Check the interrupt the printer and modem are using by navigating to Control
    > Panel System Hardware Device Manager View Resources by connection.
    >
    > Let us know.
    >
    > Tom
    > MSMVP-DTS
    >
    > "xxx" <xxx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I am not very computer literate but here goes.
    > >
    > > I have a dial-up connection, Windows XP Home Edition and a Cannon BC-256SP
    > > printer. When I try to print from a web site my dial up disconnects
    > > without warning as soon as the pages have finnished spooling. This also
    > > happens when I try to print out e-mails.
    > >
    > > Any help would be appreciated.
    > >
    > > Lee

    Tom

    I told you I wasn't very bright when it comes to computers. My printer port is LPT1 and it just has use any interrupt assigned to port checked.

    Lee
    "xxx" wrote:

    > Tom
    >
    > Thanks for replying. I think I found what you meant. I think my printer is Com1 and the port speed is 9600 bits per second and the max port speed for Modem is 115200. Is this right?
    >
    > Lee
    >
    > "Thomas Ferguson" wrote:
    >
    > > Check the interrupt the printer and modem are using by navigating to Control
    > > Panel System Hardware Device Manager View Resources by connection.
    > >
    > > Let us know.
    > >
    > > Tom
    > > MSMVP-DTS
    > >
    > > "xxx" <xxx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > >I am not very computer literate but here goes.
    > > >
    > > > I have a dial-up connection, Windows XP Home Edition and a Cannon BC-256SP
    > > > printer. When I try to print from a web site my dial up disconnects
    > > > without warning as soon as the pages have finnished spooling. This also
    > > > happens when I try to print out e-mails.
    > > >
    > > > Any help would be appreciated.
    > > >
    > > > Lee

    Choose "never use an interrupt" instead of "use any"

    > Tom
    >
    > I told you I wasn't very bright when it comes to computers. My printer
    port is LPT1 and it just has use any interrupt assigned to port checked.

    > Lee
    > "xxx" wrote:
    >
    > > Tom
    > >
    > > Thanks for replying. I think I found what you meant. I think my
    printer is Com1 and the port speed is 9600 bits per second and the max port
    speed for Modem is 115200. Is this right?

    > > Lee
    > >
    > > "Thomas Ferguson" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Check the interrupt the printer and modem are using by navigating to
    Control
    > > > Panel System Hardware Device Manager View Resources by
    connection.

    > > > Let us know.
    > > >
    > > > Tom
    > > > MSMVP-DTS
    > > >
    > > > "xxx" <xxx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    BC-256SP

    Did this it makes no difference.

    Lee

    "Victor D." wrote:

    > Choose "never use an interrupt" instead of "use any"
    >

    > "xxx" <xxx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Tom
    > >
    > > I told you I wasn't very bright when it comes to computers. My printer
    > port is LPT1 and it just has use any interrupt assigned to port checked.
    > >
    > > Lee
    > > "xxx" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Tom
    > > >
    > > > Thanks for replying. I think I found what you meant. I think my
    > printer is Com1 and the port speed is 9600 bits per second and the max port
    > speed for Modem is 115200. Is this right?

    > Control
    > connection.

    > BC-256SP
    > also

    When you selected "Never use interrupt" did you click the "ok" button?

    > Did this it makes no difference.
    >
    > Lee
    >
    > "Victor D." wrote:
    >
    > > Choose "never use an interrupt" instead of "use any"
    > >

    > > "xxx" <xxx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > Tom
    > > >
    > > > I told you I wasn't very bright when it comes to computers. My
    printer
    > > port is LPT1 and it just has use any interrupt assigned to port checked.

    > > printer is Com1 and the port speed is 9600 bits per second and the max
    port
    > > speed for Modem is 115200. Is this right?

    > > Control
    > > connection.

    Cannon
    > > BC-256SP
    This
    > > also

    Yes I did. Never made any difference.
    Lee

    "Victor D." wrote:

    > When you selected "Never use interrupt" did you click the "ok" button?
    >

    > "xxx" <xxx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Did this it makes no difference.
    > >
    > > Lee
    > >
    > > "Victor D." wrote:
    > >
    > > > Choose "never use an interrupt" instead of "use any"
    > > >

    > > > "xxx" <xxx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > printer
    > > > port is LPT1 and it just has use any interrupt assigned to port checked.

    > > > printer is Com1 and the port speed is 9600 bits per second and the max
    > port
    > > > speed for Modem is 115200. Is this right?

    > > > Control
    > > > connection.

    > Cannon
    > > > BC-256SP
    > disconnects
    > This
    > > > also

  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    Problem seems to be solved. I really don't know what I did but now the printer is working OK!! Thanks for the help.

    Lee

Dial Up Connection Internet Windows XP