Printing from Internet Disconnects my Dial-up

July 27, 2004 1:35:12 AM

I am not very computer literate but here goes.

I have a dial-up connection, Windows XP Home Edition and a Cannon BC-256SP printer. When I try to print from a web site my dial up disconnects without warning as soon as the pages have finnished spooling. This also happens when I try to print out e-mails.

Any help would be appreciated.

Lee
Anonymous
July 27, 2004 7:23:41 AM

Check the interrupt the printer and modem are using by navigating to Control
Panel System Hardware Device Manager View Resources by connection.

Let us know.

Tom
MSMVP-DTS

"xxx" <xxx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am not very computer literate but here goes.
>
> I have a dial-up connection, Windows XP Home Edition and a Cannon BC-256SP
> printer. When I try to print from a web site my dial up disconnects
> without warning as soon as the pages have finnished spooling. This also
> happens when I try to print out e-mails.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Lee
July 28, 2004 2:51:05 AM

Tom

Thanks for replying. I think I found what you meant. I think my printer is Com1 and the port speed is 9600 bits per second and the max port speed for Modem is 115200. Is this right?

Lee

"Thomas Ferguson" wrote:

> Check the interrupt the printer and modem are using by navigating to Control
> Panel System Hardware Device Manager View Resources by connection.
>
> Let us know.
>
> Tom
> MSMVP-DTS
>
> "xxx" <xxx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am not very computer literate but here goes.
> >
> > I have a dial-up connection, Windows XP Home Edition and a Cannon BC-256SP
> > printer. When I try to print from a web site my dial up disconnects
> > without warning as soon as the pages have finnished spooling. This also
> > happens when I try to print out e-mails.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > Lee

Related resources
July 28, 2004 3:13:02 AM

Tom

I told you I wasn't very bright when it comes to computers. My printer port is LPT1 and it just has use any interrupt assigned to port checked.

Lee
"xxx" wrote:

> Tom
>
> Thanks for replying. I think I found what you meant. I think my printer is Com1 and the port speed is 9600 bits per second and the max port speed for Modem is 115200. Is this right?
>
> Lee
>
> "Thomas Ferguson" wrote:
>
> > Check the interrupt the printer and modem are using by navigating to Control
> > Panel System Hardware Device Manager View Resources by connection.
> >
> > Let us know.
> >
> > Tom
> > MSMVP-DTS
> >
> > "xxx" <xxx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I am not very computer literate but here goes.
> > >
> > > I have a dial-up connection, Windows XP Home Edition and a Cannon BC-256SP
> > > printer. When I try to print from a web site my dial up disconnects
> > > without warning as soon as the pages have finnished spooling. This also
> > > happens when I try to print out e-mails.
> > >
> > > Any help would be appreciated.
> > >
> > > Lee

Anonymous
July 28, 2004 8:47:19 PM

Choose "never use an interrupt" instead of "use any"

> Tom
>
> I told you I wasn't very bright when it comes to computers. My printer
port is LPT1 and it just has use any interrupt assigned to port checked.

> Lee
> "xxx" wrote:
>
> > Tom
> >
> > Thanks for replying. I think I found what you meant. I think my
printer is Com1 and the port speed is 9600 bits per second and the max port
speed for Modem is 115200. Is this right?

> > Lee
> >
> > "Thomas Ferguson" wrote:
> >
> > > Check the interrupt the printer and modem are using by navigating to
Control
> > > Panel System Hardware Device Manager View Resources by
connection.

> > > Let us know.
> > >
> > > Tom
> > > MSMVP-DTS
> > >
> > > "xxx" <xxx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

BC-256SP

July 28, 2004 8:47:20 PM

Did this it makes no difference.

Lee

"Victor D." wrote:

> Choose "never use an interrupt" instead of "use any"
>

> "xxx" <xxx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Tom
> >
> > I told you I wasn't very bright when it comes to computers. My printer
> port is LPT1 and it just has use any interrupt assigned to port checked.
> >
> > Lee
> > "xxx" wrote:
> >
> > > Tom
> > >
> > > Thanks for replying. I think I found what you meant. I think my
> printer is Com1 and the port speed is 9600 bits per second and the max port
> speed for Modem is 115200. Is this right?

> Control
> connection.

> BC-256SP
> also

Anonymous
July 30, 2004 12:43:45 AM

When you selected "Never use interrupt" did you click the "ok" button?

> Did this it makes no difference.
>
> Lee
>
> "Victor D." wrote:
>
> > Choose "never use an interrupt" instead of "use any"
> >

> > "xxx" <xxx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Tom
> > >
> > > I told you I wasn't very bright when it comes to computers. My
printer
> > port is LPT1 and it just has use any interrupt assigned to port checked.

> > printer is Com1 and the port speed is 9600 bits per second and the max
port
> > speed for Modem is 115200. Is this right?

> > Control
> > connection.

Cannon
> > BC-256SP
This
> > also

August 2, 2004 5:31:11 PM

Yes I did. Never made any difference.
Lee

"Victor D." wrote:

> When you selected "Never use interrupt" did you click the "ok" button?
>

> "xxx" <xxx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Did this it makes no difference.
> >
> > Lee
> >
> > "Victor D." wrote:
> >
> > > Choose "never use an interrupt" instead of "use any"
> > >

> > > "xxx" <xxx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> printer
> > > port is LPT1 and it just has use any interrupt assigned to port checked.

> > > printer is Com1 and the port speed is 9600 bits per second and the max
> port
> > > speed for Modem is 115200. Is this right?

> > > Control
> > > connection.

> Cannon
> > > BC-256SP
> disconnects
> This
> > > also

August 2, 2004 5:46:46 PM

Problem seems to be solved. I really don't know what I did but now the printer is working OK!! Thanks for the help.

Lee

!